“Very Nice, don't ley others scare you” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pinebrook Motel

Pinebrook Motel
Ranked #66 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Simsbury, Connecticut, United States
“Very Nice, don't ley others scare you”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a weekend trip with our car club to Lake George. The club booked the Pinebrook for the weekend. After reading the reviews I was thinking we should stay elsewhere, but glad we didn't. The room was clean and the property was well kept. Great location right off the strip. Bed was comfortable. There is a brook that runs thru the back, with the window open went to sleep with the sound of the brook. As mentioned elsewhere the owner doesn't speak very good English, but he was very pleasant and ran the place well. My only complaint would be with the well lit exterior the rooms (or at least ours) could use heavier curtains to better darken the room at night.

Room Tip: Get a room along the brook if you would like to listen to it while dozing off.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brad B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Franklin Square, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during Labor Day weekend. Not bad for how much we paid room. I was a little worried when I read some of the previous reviews but our room was clean. It was pretty decent just small and a little bit outdated other than that no complaints. Also great location right off the strip.

• Stayed August 2013
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Last minute trip for long weekend. Traveling with family and friends, 6 adults & 3 children. We decided to stay in the house that they have on the property since there was 3 bedrooms. The bedrooms are 2 twin beds with about 4 feet between them, another room with a queen & a twin and the last is a queen. This being said, only 2 of the bedrooms have a/c, the largest one does not. Not too comfortable in the muggy air of the summer. Also there is only one bathroom, a dirty one at that. There were bugs in a web in a corner where the tub meets the wall. All of the grout in the shower area has mold on it. The area is good, easy walk to the downtown area & close to the highway. Don't know if I would stay here again. Didn't see the motel rooms so cannot comment on those.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bean73
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is my second time staying here and for the cost I really can't complain too much. Yes it could have been just a bit more cleaner but all and all the rooms were cleaned every day as well as vacuumed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank T1TechNYC
Saugerties, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went with the kids for an extended weekend visit. We picked this hotel because of the price point. I feel like I'm a true believer in you get what you pay for and with hotels there is no exception to the rule. If you want 5 star accommodations then pay 5 star prices and be done with it. The hotel itself was located within walking distance from the strip which was fantastic. We were able to spare ourselves the agony of trying to find a parking space when we went out to eat and see the sights. The view of the lake from the landing up top was actually quite nice as we sat watching the parasailers and cruise boats go by. The interior could use some updating as the television set was old and smaller than the kids are used to at home and a personal coffee pot would have been nice. I felt like those upgrades couldn't be too expensive and would definitely enhance the experience. Other than that everything was clean and the room smelled fresh. We received towels with ease and despite another review the middle eastern man running the establishment was not only incredibly helpful but he was also very sweet as well. He even gifted our niece a stuffed animal upon our departure. In any case - we certainly saw other establishments we would like to visit during our next trip for various personal reasons but on a budget Pinebrook offered a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed and seriously what more do you need?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary S
poughkeepsie,ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I read the reviews of the Pinebrook by others and am surprised at their experiences. We stayed for the weekend and did not have problems. We received wash clothes and towels every day as well as, cleaning the room while we were out. The coffee was out about 8am and I saw the manager cleaning and skimming the pool between 7am and 8am every morning. Overall, it was good for the price and the view of the lake was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 68cruiser
Wynantskill, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I booked this room back in June as a Father's Day gift for my husband to stay the weekend of the car show in September. He ended up go alone because our oldest son changed his mind about going at the last minute, so instead of two people it was only him staying. The room was never vacumed nor did he get new towels when they cleaned his room. On the last evening of his three night stay (Saturday the 8th) I called and left a message at the hotel for him to call me right away...our son had been hit in the face with a baseball on the opening day of fallball. The ball hit him just above his lip and because these are teenagers they throw the ball hard..he ended up with a split that went straight through to the inside of his mouth. Off to the emergency room we went and after waiting four hours and having to switch hospitals in order to meet the plastic surgeon who was giving him the three layers of what ended up being 16 stitches we finally headed home. In the mean time the hotel had given my husband the message to call me and although he wasn't able to get a hold of me because I was in the middle of holding my son's hand while they stitched his face when he called, he was able to get a hold of one of our employees who told him what happened. My husband told the hotel owner what happened and that he had to leave. The next day at around 6 p.m I called to ask if they could refund the one nights stay or issue me a credit to stay at another time. The owners wife told me that it was their polocy to not give refunds. I explained that I owned a business an that I totally understood the need for policies but explained that this was an emergency and had it not been for that my husband would have still stayed. She said no that it didn't matter and I said that was bad business and that if one of my customers had placed a order and it was in the oven being made and they had an emergency and had to leave I would say too bad you still have to pay for this..she responded with "if it were my son i would be worried about him and not the money" I told her that our main concern was our son who was now feeling fine witht eh exception of a very swallon face and he was resting in his room. I will never stay there or the Seven Dawrf motel who is run by the middle eastern family ever again!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! None of the rooms were ever vacumed nor were clean towels replaced in the room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo