Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great fun for a couple hours

syr77alb
Albany, New York
via mobile
Great place to visit

jrac61
Middletown, New York

All reviews apple picking apple orchard hard cider tractor ride apple wine apple season tasting room fritters tasty treats limited menu cold brew gift shop lots of parking pies fun afternoon couple hours all ages
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s been a long time since I have been to beak and I was pleasantly satisfied. Went as an extended family trip with 3 kids under 7. The tractor rides were plentiful and though the line looked long it went quickly. The orchard was very well maintained and there were people all around offering assistance.
The kids play area was the only reason I didn’t give it a rating of 5. All there really is are 2 big slides. There were a good deal of kids the wait did get long. I can see them doing so much more for a play area for kids. It would make it a place to spend more than just an hour or two.
Overall it was a great place to spend an hour or so and let the kids run around.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are anywhere near syracuse this is a must see. A lot of fun. Especially scenic in the fall. They have a tasting room with wine and spirits to try. They allow you to bring your dog.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Beak and Skiff is one of those places that many of us grew up going to as a kid in Central NY. As we had our own children we made picking apples and pony rides a tradition here.Unlike the yearly trip our parents would take us on we took our children here numerious times a season and we always had so much fun. We moved from NY 11 years ago and come home yearly to NY and maily to follow through with our tradition. There is NO apple orchard in NY comparable to Beak and Skiff. We make sure we stock up before we leave town will all sorts of goodies. Wine, vodka, hard cider, gifts from the shop and of course apples. We hope to always be able to come to Beak and Skiff and continue our family tradition with our kids and someday hoopefully our grankids.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

We stopped in spontaneously as travelers through the area en route to Lake Ontario from the Hudson Valley. The parking is ample and close to the main buildings; the campus of food, beverage, cider pressing, and activities is well planned and offers scenic views. The products - alcoholic hard cider, Bloody Marys, and distilled spirits is efficiently and artfully presented and is of high quality and within latest craft beverage trends. The food options are basic but good, and I was pleasantly surprised with my crisp, delicious salad (the only salad option on the menu at the cafe). The staff is attentive, courteous and appropriately dressed and well spoken. There are several retail areas that are well stocked (variety is repetitive) and staffed. I purchased a Tropical Cider 4 pack and a bottle of Cold Brew infused apple vodka on the Friday of Labor Day weekend. The strategic vision captures millennial American lifestyle without sacrificing tradition.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

I spend many hours at Beak and Skiff. The food is great and the cider is the best all around. With two locations two choose from, the Distillery and the main campus, you can get a small venue and large venue feel. The live music is local and quality. Views are great from either location.

Date of experience: June 2019