“Go to the Out”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Kismet
New York
“Go to the Out”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner there last night - just not good. Ordered burgers - all were cooked wrong (burgers were $22 each so it should be right) and service was very slow even though they weren't that busy for a Saturday (and for good reason). Our food was finally corrected (as best as they could do) but then our bill was wrong. Waiter took our credit cards again and I asked him to give me my card back and get the manager as our entire dining experience had been poor from soup to nuts. Instead he ran away and re-ran the bill and returned with no manager. At that point I asked him what happened to giving me my card back and getting the manager - no response. At that point I informed him I was leaving him a zero tip and he told me next time I should eat somewhere else. Not a problem. I advise you do the same. The bathrooms are also disgustingly filthy - think 1986 college town gross. Save yourself the headache and drama and go to the Out when in a Kismet,

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Waytansea

Lindenhurst, New York
“Kismet' best”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Ended up here on a sunny summer Saturday afternoon. Had the Cobb Salad out next to the marina on their deck. Salad wasn't bad. Drinks were cheap. Waiter was a little distracted. Overall a pretty decent experience. If I had to choose between this and the neighboring bar Surf's Out- this place gets it done and for a bit less. I will be back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Iratdog
East Islip, New York
“Shrimp and clams by the sea”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Loved sitting outside enjoying clams on the half shell, shrimp cocktail and a glass of wine. Nice way to spend an afternoon. Fish sandwich was a bit on the disappointing side. Service was good, friendly and competent.

• Visited May 2014
Smithtown, New York
“Blech, Yuk, Eew”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overpriced, poor service, small portions, RANCID SEAFOOD. Tourist trap is not a strong enough description. You should just grab pizza as you exit the ferry, if you're hungry. I can't put into words the disappointment and disgust. One friend left vomiting. Don't go.. Please, don't go there.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank gojanicego
Nashville, TN USA
“Best experience!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been eating at the Kismet Inn for years. While I really enjoy the place, the main reason is the customers who frequent and bring me back and back. This time, I was really pleased with the restautant and the food. Our waiter was always around, helpful and pretty quick. The meals for our table were all well received and our plates were empty. I thoroughly enjoyed a burger one night that almost caused me to order another!

• Visited May 2013