“"Thank you, thank you"”
Review of Margarita Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kismet
Margarita Villas
Poughkeepsie, New York
“"Thank you, thank you"”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

That's what my roomates said to me yesterday when we were ready to leave Margarittavillas in Kismet. Thank you for a very comfortable (6 of us slept comfortably) and affordable facility. Greg was very helpful and accomodating and so was his staff. We are definitely interested in doing this again! Best regards, LT Poughkeepsie NY

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank LThomas0816

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stay away. Booked a room and as per the rules paid in advance by check to Greg for two nights for $490-they don't take credit cards. We told him we needed wifi for work , which Greg assured us he had. He was nice over the phone. but getting a room proved to be a real problem. We got there at 11am, and were told that we would not be able to get into our room until 7pm. He let us in at 5PM, when we learned from Greg the wifi had been out for days. Further, the tiny room reeked of cigarette smoke, as did the mattress on the futon. Greg became problematic. He told us the he could get us into a different room at 7pm(!) as the guests from the night before were still in it. After seeing the first smoky room and no wifi, we had no confidence that the next attempt would be any better room. We did not want to risk missing the last boat off the island for that day so we told Greg that we were leaving and wanted our money back. At this point, he became hostile and cursed us out. He refused to give us a check, saying he would mail it. We filed a report with the police, which we will be using to sue him in Small Claims in Islip if/when he doesn't send us a check for $495, and a $30 refund of the $60 gave him for two days bicycle rental for two bikes. Really, stay away. Just not worth the hassle. The kids working the front desk/lsnack bar were lovely, though. Helpful and polite. This place seemed atypical for Fire Island.

Room Tip: I would ask for a recommendation from a prior guest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Ian G
, Owner at Margarita Villas, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Unfortunately like the saying goes, you can't please everyone. Fortunately though I am celebrating my 13th Season and have a tremendous following of hundreds of satisfied guests that make dealing with the occasional "bad apple" all worth it.. Anyone wanting a list of satisfied customers emailadresses need to just ask. I have people returning year after year. These particular guests arrived 5 hours early. I reminded them that check in is at 7 pm but I would try to get them in earlier. I get them in by 5 pm and they some how tear the vertical blinds from the wall. That was a first. They call me and I come down immediately. They then start complaining that the room smelled like smoke. Even though my place is non smoking, sometimes people do break the rules. I attempt to offer to move them to a much larger place at no extra cost, but all this woman wanted to do was SCREAM at me. Fortunately for me this happens rarely. She really showed me the type of person she was when she wished that I would get Multiple Sclerosis. She must be a very unhappy, angry and heartless person to say such a thing. What I really think happened was that they purposely created an issue because the weather forecast was bad for the 2 days they were going to be there and were looking for a way to get out of the rental. Very Sad. We only want people that are happy go lucky and looking to enjoy what Kismet has to offer. See you at the beach.............
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kismet
The Palms Hotel Fire Island
Residence Inn Long Island Islip/Courthouse Complex
Allegria Hotel
Allegria Hotel
#1 of 2 in Long Beach

Been to Margarita Villas? Share your experiences!