“Won't be staying here again ......” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Kingston
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Spalding
“Won't be staying here again ......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Where do I start? Reception areas had not seen a vacuum for weeks. Lower entrance filthy and smelled bad. Room large but very basic. Safe locked so could not be used. Electric clock upsdie down on floor not plugged in. TV remote in pieces next to the clock and battery over by the bathroom. Bed sheets clean but looked as though they had been thrown on the bed. Towels small and very thin poor quality. Worst of all when I used the hair drier in the morning it fell off the wall and into the hand basin! When I reported all this to reception on booking out the response I got was "Oh!" Asked for a refund and was told that because it was a prepaid reservation they could do nothing! Still in talks regarding a refund but getting nowhere. Hey but as an afterthought - the free wi-fi was VERY fast!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank BikerBear143

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
Bflo NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

Lobby smells like cigars steeped in vomit, room smells like a Nixon era air conditioned. Many thin items including walls, ceiling, sheets and towels. Sketchy characters lurking in parking lot making deals of some sort. Room in generally run down and dirty condition. One step up from a "by the hour" type hotel. Two stars is really stretching it. It'd opt for something like the holiday inn next door, or simply sleep sitting up in your car or in a chair at the bus station, there would be little difference. A good option for winos, low budget prostitutes or people looking to rebuild a transmission in the bathtub.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank happy_travler9999

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Stamford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2009

Don't waste the $70 they will charge you for a king size bed. This place hasn't replaced its mattresses in forever. You can feel the springs poking you in the back. Couple this with the Unidentified Carpet Stains which management calls bleach stains the question is why and what did they need to pour bleach on? This place is poorly maintained and for budget accommodations may be adequate for a trucker pulling in off of the New York State Thruway but for any other purpose stay elsewhere.

The one truly great aspect was the Heating system works incredibly well. It is a Heat Pump that is quiet and provides great warmth. The showers are fair with the water certainly hot enough (Scalding at times) as it could not keep temperature at any level sort or tying to guess when someone else is flushing.

The doors have huge gaps at the bottom allowing you to hear every hallway conversation and smelling the odors emanating from the hallways.

• Liked — Heat worked great
  • Disliked — Bed was in very poor condition
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hotelluswhy
Scotia, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

I guess New York State is just high-priced. I arrived at this site at 10:45 in the evening. There were few cars in the parking lot, yet when I asked the price, I was quoted an amount ($80) that I felt should have been lower, since there was no business that night. I was tired and forgot to ask for my AAA discount and the laconic desk clerk didn't mention it either.

I found the hall carpeting worn, giving the impression of shabbiness, but the room was fine. It was large and had a king-size bed, more than enough room for one person. I was generally satisfied with the accommodations, but since I'm now in my 70s, I wished for a grab bar and soap dish in the shower. Maybe such items are only in handicapped rooms.

• Liked — King size bed
  • Disliked — Less-than-helpful desk clerk
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2007

I arrived at this hotel on Friday Oct 26, 2007. The hotel lobby had a horrible, musty smell. We were given our room and the room too, had a horrible odor in it. At 10pm, we heard LOUD noises coming from above us. We were on the ground floor and could hear EVERYTHING above us. At times it felt like the ceiling would come down on us. I went to the front desk several times between 10:30 pm and 12:45 a. The person at the front desk said they would call the room above us and tell them. The noise continued all night until 1:45 am. I went out to the front desk again. The "girl" at the front desk didn't seem to care because her "friends" were there hanging out with her. One of the guys there said they would go uptairs and see what was going on. He came down a minute later and said ..."I stood there for 30 seconds and didn't hear anything." Theres nothing I can do. I went back to my room and it continued for a while longer. I was up ALL NIGHT and the noise started again at 4:40 am with slamming of doors. When I went to check out the next day, I told the manager and she said she knew of it but there is nothing for her to do.

Never once did I hear the words "I AM SORRY FOR YOUR INCONVIENCE". I paid $145 for the night to be aggravated and wide awake. It was a horrible experience and I was not treated with the respect a customer should be. I would never reccomend this hotel and will definately think twice before stepping foot in a Super 8 hotel.

Thanks for treating me and my family like garbage and for the sleepless night we had at the hotel

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank zinc-two
new rochelle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2007

my major complaint is that the room had a very strong smell. we opened up the window before we went to dinner to air it out but it was not enough. i woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick to my stomach, and seriously considered sleeping in my car.

the online reservation i made online didn't arrive at the front desk. i ended up calling the 1800 number several times, and it took them half an hour to resolve everything.

during breakfast, (6-9 am) the electricity went out about 5 times while we were there for half an hour, probably due to a faulty circuit breaker.

the internet was also down.

on the plus side, the staff was pretty nice.

• Liked — staff was accomodating
  • Disliked — the actual room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank cluNewRochelle
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2006

My husband and I stayed here during a road trip through New England and it was the worst place I've ever stayed. As soon as we opened the door there was a terrible smell that nearly took our breath. It was really late when we got in, so we just went right to bed. The next morning, as we were showering and getting dressed, my husband looked at his pillow and there were several bed bugs. We then checked the comforter and there were also bed bugs there. Immediately, we called down to the desk and they didn't even question us, so I assume this is a common problem here. We weren't even given a full refund. I was disgusted and paranoid for the rest of our trip.

• Liked — Accessibility to Interstate
  • Disliked — BED BUGS
  • Tips/Secrets — STAY AWAY!!!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
15 Thank jingerelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kingston Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Super 8 Highland NY
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland

Been to Super 8 Kingston? Share your experiences!