“Not close to anything”
Review of Super 8 Kingston

Super 8 Kingston
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kingston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
Olivebridge, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The management and staff of the Kingston Super * are the most caring and efficient group that we have found anywhere. My husband needed to go for dialysis this past Saturday when a bad snowstorm was predicted. We live in the Catskills and needed o come down from one of the mountains and stay in town for the night before. When I explained to the manager that my husband not only suffers from Kidney Failure but also has a serious heart condition and is a diabetic he and the staff couldn't have been more considerate or helpful. Even to go as far as to help shovel our car out in the morning. We have stayed there many times before and have always found it clean and accomadating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently stayed at the Super 8 Kingston for a stop over on our way to Vermont. The location of the Hotel is perfect for a quick off and on Rt. 87. This hotel is similar to most Motels. Rooms are typical, nothing fancy. Our room did have a refrigerator and microwave, as well as an in-room safe. The room did smell a bit musty when we arrived, however, once we turned on the heat, the smell was not noticeable. The hotel overall is a good stay for the price. I have stayed here in the past, when skiing in the local area at Bellyare and Windham mountain.

The front desk staff was pleasant and the morning continental breakfast was average. We actually skipped the hotel breakfast and went across the street to Olympic Diner.

The king size bed was okay, it was a little stiff for my preference, but I did not expect top knotch bedding and linens, remember, this is a motel style hotel. If you have high expectations of quality and high end furniture and amenities, you will be dissappointed.

Would stay here again when passing through for a night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ATsherrick
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Came up for a weekend of Snowboarding at Belleayre mountain with my girlfriend and decided to book this motel because it was close to the mountain and cheaper than the other places around. Was a little worried about staying here after some of the reviews I read on this site. Let me start off by saying that my girlfriend is a princess. She is easily grossed out by any little thing which made me more nervous because I was afraid she might not like the room. When we arrived the front desk person was friendly. We got to our room and was very surprised to see how new and clean everything was. Bed sheets and pillows were very clean. The bathroom was in perfect condition, not one spec of dust, hair or dirt. Sink was clean as well ..... The only complaint I have is that the carpet could have been vacumed a little better. But besides that everything else in the room was very very clean. My girlfriend did not complain one bit about the room. And like I said she is a princess and gets grossed out by any little thing. So trust me when I say .... If she approved of it then this place is worth the stay. Great restaurants and bars in the area made the stay even more pleasant. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL. DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE IDIOTIC REVIEWS SOME PEOPLE LEAVE !!! Overall I give this place two thumbs up. WILL BE STAYING HERE AGAIN FOR SURE.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Manolo718
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Super 8 Highland NY
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland

Been to Super 8 Kingston? Share your experiences!