“What a dump.”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Montreal, Canada
“What a dump.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

Steer clear. Dirty, dirty, dirty. Unhelpful staff and unfriendly management. Blecch.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
EastCoast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

Positive: friendly staff trying to accomodate tired travellers at 11 o'clock at night in a horribly outdated, unclean and wasted hotel.
Negative: dirty, dirty, dirty place. The hotel has not been updated since the 80s. It seemed that the room (except for bathroom) was not cleaned after previous guests. Dirt and dust on the carpet with some coffee cups and stirring sticks on the floor. Some pillow cases had shoes imprint on them. Smell of exterminator's chemicals in the room (checked for bedbugs - hope there is none). We had to request clean sheets, blankets and pillows (again, night staff was very helpful bringing it up - no elevator) and change all the bedding ourselves.
Try to avoid the place if you can (we had a small child and a senior with us who could not drive any longer after 5 hours in a car).
Just found out that there is a Courtyard and Hampton Inn off of Hwy 87 but there is no visible signs on the road. Go there if possible.
In addition, place is overpriced - $149 plus tax for an underkept suite without breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Montreal Quebec
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

Really not worth the 109$ they charged me for a night.

This hotel is a real joke....

Staff really doesnt care about anything.toilet bowl does NOT flush....room door doesnt close because carpet is too thick.tv is horrible and remote didnt work.
etc etc etc.

HOW CAN YOU CALL THIS PLACE QUALITY HOTEL?!?

by the way the other quality hotel located 1 exit up north I87 (catskill) IS EVEN WORSE THAN THIS ONE AND BY FAR.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Hampton, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Stayed here with a large family group. The buildings and rooms are dated and in need to investment. Free WiFi was slower than dial up - when I could connect. The service is absolutely terrible - just a couple young, disinterested, knuckleheads at the front desk. The rooms were clean - in a fabreze kind of way. $150 per night - huge rip off!

• Stayed July 2010
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

Where shall I start - I got stuck staying at this hotel because nothing else was available. I paid $175/night for a door that would not shut properly, a TV that would not work properly and a restaurant that should learn how to provide customer service. This is actually one of the few hotels where I put my desk chair in front of the door - I felt that unsafe. This hotel needs some updating - just gross.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed a couple nights at the Quality Inn with our 7-month old daughter. When we reserved the room months before by phone we asked for a portable crib, yet the front desk staff didn't seem to have this information when we got to the hotel (it was on my confirmation sheet of course though). It wasn't a problem and they promised to have it up to the room within the hour. After two hours, a phone call to the main desk and me finally just going downstairs to see if I can carry the thing up to the room myself, we got the crib but with one issue. They gave us a king sized sheet for it. It was almost laughable given that the sheet was larger than our own bed and we were supposed to somehow wrap it around the crib mattress 800 times or something creating a giant billowing suffocation hazard for our infant. When we asked the front desk they apologized and said they had no crib sized sheets! It blows my mind that they provide a crib with no sheets! Would they make up a normal room without sheets? Like it isn't hard enough traveling with an infant. So anyway, after wasting time trying to securely pin the sheets on and debating going out and buying a fitted sheet, we just disinfected the crib mattress with wipes and hoped my daughter would be comfy enough and not leak onto the glossy mattress in the night. Problem solved. The rest of the stay was largely uneventful except it was just riddled with other little nuisances - generally dingy rooms, outlet plugs that wouldn't stay put in the walls so we had to prop chairs against the plugs to keep them in, my sister's room had water damage down the walls, and of course the phone call in the evening informing everyone that the water had to be turned off for at least a half hour. And naturally the morning we were leaving the coffee machine downstairs was broken. Hah! Just save yourself the frustration and don't stay at this hotel, especially if you have a baby. The staff seemed very nice and professional, but the place is WAY overpriced and basically a dump.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

My wife and I stopped to eat at the adjoining restaurant (not very good), and since we had planned to stop for the night, decided to check out the Quality Inn. There was virtually no one staying there, so I hoped to bargain for a good rate. At first they quoted a rate of $150/night, but said they could drop that to $130 with a AAA or AARP card. When my face registered disappointment, they asked what kind of a price range I was looking for. When I told them I was hoping for a room under $100, they "checked" their computer and said the best rate they had in their system was $103 for a king size bed. We first checked the room, found it clean and odor free and so stayed the night. No problems with noise since hardly anyone was staying there, so our stay was fine. Okay for the price, but definitely bargain for a better rate.
Following another reviewer's recommendation, we went to a local bakery/diner [Deising's] for breakfast, and I give it 5 stars. DO NOT MISS IT!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kingston Hotel and Conference Center
Residence Inn Kingston
Residence Inn Kingston
#4 of 10 in Kingston
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kingston? Share your experiences!