“First Rate!”

Quality Inn & Suites Kingston
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I read the the reviews posted and was holding My breath about this place. But it was located in very close proximity to My business plans in the area.
I have concluded that these rants are those of deadbeats, mooches, and crumbs looking for a rate reduction.
The facilities were first rate including the staff.
The restaurant/LOUNGE was open late and the chow was great!!!
Try the sauerbraten & wienerschnitzel.

Capt. Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Kingston

Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was bad from the beginning. Tub had mold, tub wouldn't drain, water never got hot. We were moved to another room, same water problem,(when I told them at the front desk the response was "no one else complained", your point!!
No room key needed to get into the hotel...door was broken...anyone could come in. Went to dinner and returned to the room and our room keys wouldn't work.
Totally unacceptable...when I complained about the drain one of the male employee's came to check it and used his key and just walked into our room!!
Let's just say "Not happy and will never return or recommend". Not worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Terrible place...no elevator, outdated, clunking AC, hole in ceiling, unstretched carpets in hall, wallpaper is disrepair in rooms (often patched), cold pool. The staff was unfriendly and never said hello when you passed by. The restaurant however was excellent...go for the food, but AVOID staying there! It was the most expensive place we stayed on a two week trip and the MOST disappointing. We even complained to the hotel chain.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert E
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Very clean, comfortable accommodations, The pool was large, clean and the water temperature just right. The area is quite busy, but did not affect the noise level at the motel. The area is also quite historical with many places to visit. For the price, it's not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Quality Inn & Suites in Kingston, NY. The room was spacious, clean and right next to an entrance door. The staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds were well-kept and clean. Ample parking. Needed more handicap spaces by each entrance. The TV was big and we had no trouble picking something to watch when that was what we wanted to do.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInn12401, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at Quality Inn and Suites Kingston for a wedding back in July. The hotel needs to get a cleaning staff in the night time. We had pizza boxes piled up near our door when we first checked in. The last day before check out I noticed 6 cockaroaches crawling in the bathroom.
It was disgusting!
If they were in my room I could just imagine the other rooms. I have notified the front desk who had told me that the manager was away being it was a sunday and that I would hear back from them the following day. Over one month went by and I still did not hear from them.
I am a frequent hotel visitor being a Hilton honors member and never had this experience before. Yes, this is no Hilton hotel but one would at least expect a clean non-infested room!
We wound up leaving the hotel early because we did not want to take any cockaroaches in our suitcase home to have a problem there.
Hotels can ignore customers complaints, however for each person that says something bad about a place 10 other people will know about it!
Business is sucessflul through word of mouth. People will come to a good place. More people will stay away from a bad place.
Unhappy Hotel visitor from East Brunswick NJ

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank arnie h
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn for a week, because we were in the area for a family reunion. It should be renamed the No Quality Inn- That was my nine year old sons suggestion.

We paid a fortune for two connecting rooms and were treated very badly. The owners of the hotel are greedy thugs. First of all, they cut corners everywhere they can. The air conditioning doesn't stay on, and when it goes back on, it is extremely noisy. All of the public spaces such as the game room and the gym were hot as hell. The air would automatically turn off after awhile.

The lobby is gross, and the owner kicked my kids and I out, while we were waiting for people to meet us there. This was at one o'clock in the afternoon, and the owner, a mean ugly woman, said that we needed to go somewhere else because the lobby needed to be mopped. How classy! The next day, that horrible woman walked into my room without knocking claiming that I was supposed to have checked out according to her "records." She was wrong, since we were there another three days, but she wasn't the least bit apologetic.

The rooms were subpar. They had a dank smell and the bathrooms were very gross. The cleaning staff speaks little English and they spend half the day sitting in empty rooms watching Spanish TV. I am not kidding. Twice, our room was not even cleaned. I had to complain to the front office, but they did nothing.

The pool is gross too. There is a film of yuck on the surface. Nobody cleans it. The hotel is so cheap, that they won't even leave fresh towels in the pool area. You have to go to the front desk to ask for towels, where they ration these little things. They are no bigger or thicker than dish towels, yet they worry about guests walking out with them. Pathetic.

I spent years working for a four star hotel in NYC, so I know a lot about the hospitality industry. It just sickens me how ripped off people get by staying at the Quality Inn. It is not okay to order room service, then have nobody pick up the tray, so fine, you put it outside the door yourself, and then have it sit there for 12-24 hours. It's just disgusting.

The Quality Inn, unfortunately, is one of the few hotels in that area, and the owners and management take advantage of that. I will be contacting the company headquarters with my complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank CuteChewie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Kingston
#3 of 10 in Kingston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kingston? Share your experiences!