“Good but slow”

Cuisines: American
New York City, New York
“Good but slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hi Truthtastics well a recent visit to the cold & snowy Kingston we decided to sample the delights of the local chain restaurants.
Well the food at Ruby Tuesday was great and reasonably priced the only issue was the slowness of getting our food.
Excellant salad bar, clean restaurant & great wait staff but goodness knows what happens in the kitchen anyway we were looked after by the manager on duty so for that you get a very good.

• Visited December 2013

Lindenhurst, New York
“Ok Meal. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the petite sirloin and lobster tail with French fries and the salad bar. The items in the salad bar were fresh (no wilted greens or mushy cucumber) and offered variety with the selection of vegetables, dressings, and other add ins. I ordered my sirloin medium rare and it arrived well done. I tried a bite to see if I would like it and it was too chewy for me. Once I informed the waiter he apologized and had the kitchen make me another one that was cooked medium rare. The only issue I had with this steak was that there were pools of oil on top of my steak that were not present on the first well done steak. The lobster tail was cooked well (not raw or overcooked) and wasn't salty (as I had gotten at another Ruby Tuesdays once). The French fries were crispy and not soggy. One other person in my party ordered the bourbon chicken with spaghetti squash and the salad bar and the third person ordered the pretzel burger with spaghetti squash and salad bar. Both people said that they liked their meal.
Out waiter offered me a free dessert since the steak wasn't cooked to my order. I ordered and split the tiramisu with my party. The tiramisu was moist and good, but I think that they soaked the lady fingers in too much or too strong of an alcohol mixture as that was the prevalent taste in the dessert. The marscapone in the tiramisu was fluffy and light. Not the worst tiramisu I've had, but definitely not the best by a long shot.
Our waiter was attentive and friendly and the restaurant wasn't too busy when we came for dinner so it wasn't noisy.

ghent, ny
“a fine franchise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

you know what to expect at these restaurants and they always seem to come through....comfortable, very reasonably pricing. Our service was exceptionally good....my strip steak with cajun spices sauce was GREAT! very similar to Applebee's "bourbon street steak" but quite a bit better!

Visited August 2013
“Supeized”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I went to Runy Tuesdays because it was close to my hotel. I know chain restutants are not well know for steak and usually are over cooked but I was very surprised at the steak I ordered. It was the black Fire NY strip. It was excellent and cooked perfectly. I would have it again

• Visited June 2013
Woodstock, New York
“Kingston's RT is one of the better ones in the chain.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We travel a lot and usually I'm dissappointed in something about RTs. But lucky for me one of the better ones is in my area. My family loves the ribs, and the grilled salmon. I'm a vegetarian and I appreciated the veggy platter/salad bar combo.

Visited April 2013