“For What It Is”

Ranked #15 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Pleasant Valley, New York
“For What It Is”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went memorial day and expected that we would be waiting to be seated. That was not the case and the booth was roomy enough for my generous frame. For the area and price this buffet is excellent.
That established, why the very good rating? I love spare ribs. Thiers could have done without that final brushing of sticky sweet sauce. I love snow crab. Theirs had a good turn-over.

My dinner companion choose to have a dish prepared for her. She offered me some when I was into the crab legs. It looked really good and I regret that taking her up on the offer. She was pleased with what she ate.

I found thin skinned dumplings that I had not had elsewhere and would have purchased some for take out if the filling had not turned out to be not as special as it looked. The pastry on the regular dumplings was overly thick. There were no spring rolls which I would have wanted to try. There were the egg rolls which I did not try. In fact, I was so well sated that there were many items that I did not get to try.

The service was surprising for a buffet in that it seemed that the waitress was attentive. The bill came to less than $30 for both of us before the tip. If I again visit Kingston, I will find it difficult to pass up returning.

• Visited May 2014

Rhinebeck, New York
“This is a quality buffet at an amazing price”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was frankly shocked at the quality of the well prepared offerings here, and for $7 ($6 with the coupon). Great variety of delicious dumplings, salmon filets, and on and on, but I kept saying to my wife that every dish was WELL PREPARED and delicious. Also the turnover is high since it's so popular, so the food is fresh and hot. The staff was pleasant and very cordial. Fellow diners seemed friendly, and smart for finding such a great value! It seems you can go any time all through the day and evening for the full experience.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank dougiefresh_11
“Great Buffet- show up early, it gets busy!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This would be my favorite buffet in the Kingston area by far. Good food, constant turn over. Nothing sits for long (always a plus) the staff is prompt and on point. Overall a great buffet. Look for the coupon in the paper every week!

• Visited November 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Food a Gong”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A Chinese Buffet, reasonably priced with the ability to gorge yourself. Both Chinese and American dishes, sushi, raw clams, oysters and snow crab legs are available. I usually eat to much.

Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT CHINESE FOOD”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We love the food at this restaurant. We eat here often the food is consistently good. My husband loves the dim sum and I love the fresh crab legs.

• Visited August 2013