“30 minutes to get the food out of the kitchen”

Stella's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 211 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2011

While the food was quite good, it took 30 minutes to get the food out from the time we placed the order. The waitress had to apologize for the kitchen bringing the appetizer at the same time as the entrees.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband and I visited Stella's (with our 16 month old toddler in tow) because of the reviews on here and Yelp. We were not disappointed.

Our waiter was incredibly attentive and quick--he was very willing to accommodate our needs and even suggested that we order a side dish of pasta for our son instead of shelling out for another meal (there's no kids menu).

The food was delicious. The bread and salad were abundant and very good and our entrees were excellent. My husband loves Chicken Parmesan and uses it as a gauge for Italian restaurants; he said that the chicken parm at Stella's was very good. The side dishes had large portions.

We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

I was in the area for Rhinebeck"s Vintage Motorcycle Show. Our group decided to Check out Kingston. We found Stella's on N Front Street. WOW! We were greeted by a friendly hostess. We did not have reservations but she found a place for us immediately. The waiter was just as friendly and answered our questions without hesitation.

The Caesar Salad and Bread were fresh. The bean spread that was served with the bread, fabulous and nothing that I have had before. I ordered the Zuppa Di Pesce. It was served up in a huge bowl that was over flowing with clams, mussels, calamari, shrimp in a flavorful red sauce that makes my mouth water even now. The calamari was cooked perfectly. The pasta tasted fresh. I tried but I could not finish my meal and was completely stuffed.

The exterior of the restaurant is modest. The interior is decorated with tasteful tablecloths and old framed pictures. There was also a full bar. I felt comfortable and relaxed. I will be sure to come back to Stella's when I come through this area again. The food and service were nothing short of excellent.

2  Thank MaddMags
Reviewed February 22, 2011

we went for a dinner on a wekend getaway and first had to find it. itr was recommended by a longtime kingston resident to us. we called and were graciously given easy directions. when we entered through the bat, a patron walked us to the dining room where we were waotong to be seated. the owner seated us with a smile and the service from there on in was just wonderful. we had calamaro which was lightly breader and the sause was delicious. hummy had lasagn/eggplant parmigiana conbo (accomodated change that included stuffed peppers) and was very happy with it. chicken sorrentino was delicious and they also accomodated the request for the side of pasta to have oil and garlic. as other reviewers have said the bread basket and salad atr wonderful. we would definitely go here again when wee are in the kingston area. it was a memorable meal and we would take froends here as well.

Reviewed December 9, 2010

I dont understand the negative reviews. Food's great especially for the price. Drinks are inexpensive. It's a local pub. Arties Bar initially expanded to add Stella's restaurant. It has been so successful that they bought the building next door to grow the business. Regarding North Front Street, if you are local then you know the traffic is mixed. Actually Uptown Kingston is thriving with new restaurants, art galleries, and music.

1  Thank saleschampion