“love this bakery”

Deising's Bakery, Restaurant, and Catering
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Kingston
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a European Bakery and Cafe serving breakfast and lunch 7 days a week. Our award winning bakery (winner "Best Bakery in America" award) tantalizes you w/ over 300 fresh baked breads, rolls, desserts, donuts, bagels, pies, gourmet cookies and cupcakes and so much more. Our restaurant (winner Best Breakfast in the Hudson Valley) serves awesome omelettes, Belgian waffles, homemade pancakes and much more. For lunch, enjoy Manhatten style deli sandwiches, big 8 oz burgers, the best homemade quiches, and our signature homemade soups.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

we went here in the middle of a snow storm as it was close to the hotel we were staying in. I have been to the bakery before and found it to be one of the best. now to be fair we went here for breakfast and you know breakfast is breakfast. I ordered coffee, 2 eggs over medium and the corned beef hash. the restaurant is small and nice and quite adequate but they had only one waitress and she was very good but had quite a few people to handle at one time. the food came out quite fast and it was done just right.. I asked for an English muffin and she explained to me that their English muffin is more square now I am in a bakery so I said no problem the English muffin was a piece of toast not anything to do with a nooks and cranny English muffin and it was dry no butter so she brought me a couple pats of butter. needless to say I was happy with the so called English muffin. my better half ordered 2 eggs over medium, bacon and hash browns and dry wheat toast. his came out just lovely but like I said breakfast is breakfast. I would recommend this bakery to anyone. I love baked goods and they really do a good job. I got several chocolate items two days before valentines day he paid for them for early valentines present and I got a chocolate bomb everyone who likes chocolate has to try this its great..

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've only eaten breakfast here, but what I have tried, I like a lot. Their portions are huge and very reasonably priced. I came here with 2 other people and a http://restaurant.com gift certificate, and we found it difficult to order enough breakfast food to make the minimum amount to use the certificate! So we all got coffee (which is refilled regularly by very attentive wait staff), omelets, pancakes, and sides of meat, thoroughly stuffing ourselves on less than $10 per person. The atmosphere is like your typical diner, but with a vast array of beer steins and cuckoo clocks from the old country. (Thank goodness not all of the cuckoo clocks are on!) My favorite dish is the stuffed French toast with fresh berries on top. And spend the extra $1.50 to upgrade to real New York State maple syrup!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Clean, delicious and reasonable. Love their MontiCrisco for lunch. Fresh food, pleasant service and comfortable atmosphere.
So many great baked goods it is hard to choose a favorite.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is aregionaly famous bakery thet has wonderful Breads, pies, pastrys, rolls, cookies and cakes. The bakers can make special occasion cakes of any size. The cake toppers in the display case are just right for every couple getting married. Every couple.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Deisings Bakery and Restaurant is the kind of place people go to eat good food with friends and family. Becase it is a long term fixture in Uptown Kingston it is usually crowded for breakfast and lunch. Although the menu is typical lunchenette food, (Sandwiches, soups, burgers, omlets, salads etc.) The outstanding difference are the breads and baked desserts. You choose the bread for your sandwich from the various varietys baked in the bakery. Your French Toast is stupendous. Maple syrup is available. Save room for dessert. The cakes and pies are incredible and made with real care. Some of the cakes are very sweet, but what flavor.
The dinning room is wood paneled and cookoo clocks line the walls. (Mercifly only one or two are wound up to strike the hours.) Service is efficient, although slightly backed up Sunday mornings (as it is popular place to go after church)
Defiatly go to the bakery and bring home some breads, pastrys, pies, butter cookies, or a cake.