“The Restaurant saves this hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Superlodge Kingston

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston
Superlodge Kingston
You added Superlodge Kingston to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   129 Route 28, Kingston, NY 12401   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Kingston
Burlington, Vermont
“The Restaurant saves this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We rented 2 rooms..(both King smoking with Jacuzzi, and a cot in one of the 2 rooms) as we were in town for a weekend to visit family. I read the website on the inroom amenities to the fullest so I knew what to bring as there were 5 of us on the trip and space was a factor in the car. The rooms were average..for the MOST part clean (or so we thought!) Towels were dingy and worn..maybe need an upgrade but smelled clean. After going to see my daughter we ordered take out from the on site restaurant which was great!!!..We ordered 4 different burgers and a chicken sandwich, all came with fries and coleslaw as a meal. We spent less on this meal than we did on burgers the next day at MCDonalds and it was 10 times better!!! We also got coffee from the restaurant the next morning and that was great as well and very reasonably priced!! (About the same as your local convenience store) NOW to the unhappy stuff... The website clearly states in the room amenities that ALL rooms come with blow driers, alarm clocks etc.. (so naturally I left mine at home!!) There were NEITHER!! and upon asking the front desk lady (whom had clearly dealt with this problem before) she said to me "we dont offer these items in our smoking rooms & if you have a problem with that you need to take it up with the management" and she was very snippy about it! ( keep in mind that this is the same sweet girl that checked us in) I explained to her that it was false advertising on their web page and that I had a blow dryer at home that I would have glady brought had I known, and that I had to go and purchase one at their local Walgreens, she had nerve enough to tell me that it wasnt her problem!!! NOW onto the Jacuzzi TUBS..We used body wash in both tubs to create bubble baths with the jets and to our dismay in both rooms where the suds were was dirt or a black film of something?! Overall it was an okay hotel, just could use a little more attentiveness to certain things. Also I brought to their attention (not sure that they care) but the heater in our room worked in 2 positions, either OFF or very HIGH..nothing in between!! My daughters room right next door worked fine though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank littlelady1076

Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wife and I stayed one night at the Superlodge, just off Exit 19 of the Thruway. We stopped at the front desk and checked in with a nice young girl. We went to our room, it was chilly. We just wanted to wash up before we went to the Broadway Diner in town for dinner. I turned up the heat, but soon my wife called to me, "This toilet isn't working." She came out, and I checked the toilet. The toilet was fine, just the bowl and the tank each had a 3/4 inches of ice on the surface of the water. I flushed it three or four times, and the ice began to break up as the water arrived from the warmer parts of the Superlodge. We went to dinner and by the time we returned, the room was snuggly warm.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Steve C
warwick ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

At the reststops on the ny thruway there are hotel magazines with discount coupons for the Superlodge. They would honor them at first just by looking at the magazine. Then they began wanting the coupon; we had to search the back of the car but got it and clipped the ad for them.
On a later visit we paid for the room and it was $10 higher than the ad. The new clerk said it was for the minor child; never had that before. Then they changed the days that the ad could be used, although not stated in the ad. One time the shower didn't work so they gave us another key to the room next door. Low maintenance there.
Rooms were generally clean, but worn and often smelly. Sliding doors seldom worked well, if at all. Noise is a big problem. The main road is a heavy traffic route. One night the room downstairs had rap/rock very loud but the clerk said there was little he could do. we said we would call the Kingston police about disturbing the peace. The jerk, I mean clerk, finally got the party settled down. Bad night. Next they let their pool turn into an algae nightmare. They fixed the roof, finally after years, and the pool but don't let peopole swim. Next, beware the long term guests. One night a chair went thru a sliding glass door in a huge argument that was heard all thru the motel. That was the end.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here. You'll be sorry.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank justthefaxmam
Syosset, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

when we arrived at the superlodge we politely asked for a room. we had been to this lodge frequently ( every 4-6 weeks) and expected courtesy. we were bluntly told that unless we call ahead on weekends we have little chance of getting a room during the autumn season. our trip to kingston was primarily to see out 2 autistic sons who live in a residential facility. i doubt we will be going back to a place where the receptionist si so rude.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Roseann M
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a difference caring owners/ staff makes. I moved to the Superlodge after a horrific experience with the more-expensive Super 8 just down the street ( see my review of that). Like other reviewers have noted, this is a dated property that looks like not much from the outside - a worn-looking converted '60 s HoJo. however, inside, the rooms are very good, and obviously they work on them/ care about them, are updating and upgrading as they go. My room was quite large, VERY clean, and had touches like a power strip zip-tied to the desk leg so that there are plenty of power outlets for laptops etc - that might not look elegant, but it's efficient and thoughtful of them. They clearly believe in quality materials as they update - tho workmanship was not fancy, the new bath sink counter was granite, and bath floors and walls had ceramic tile (as opposed to the vinyl etc of most cheap places), and furniture, linens, mattress, and pillows were all good ( and better than most cheap places). Had some extras that the super8 didnt, like iron and ironing board. Everything worked, and Wifi was trouble- free, even tho I was at far end of longest wing. Clerks were efficient and professional. No in-room coffee but the lobby coffee is good. as other reviewers say, no breakfast, but inexpensive diner with discount is 30 feet away and the room price is lower enuf than the other area hotels to make up for it ( and you get a "real" breakfast; tho the diner isnt great, its adequate). Prices are not cheap in this area, but theirs are lower than any comparable properties, and rooms are nicer ....and I know- I have stayed in at least six in this general price range around kingston. No questionable people hanging around like at the super 8, this felt safe: I am a woman traveling alone on business to festivals, so this matters. Very convenient location next to thruway and rte 209, the route to rhinebeck. this will be my # 1 choice for lower- cost lodging for my annual trips here from now on.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Melinga
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here the weekend of the New York Sheep and Wool Festival, since by the time I went to book it was one of the few places left with vacancies. We paid $110/night for a non-smoking room with 2 queen sized beds. We certainly got what we asked for, the room was just a little worn. Decor was the teal/purple floral combination that was popular in the 90s, with peeling yellow wallpaper and a dusty wood TV cabinet. However, the place was clean, the bed was comfortable (enough), and we didn't have any problems. There was no refrigerator or coffee pot (although we didn't specifically request those, it would have been nice); they seem to be hoping you'll visit their diner on the property (we didn't.) Bath towels were about as thick as washcloths and very, very small, but again, clean and well stocked each day.

Overall, not somewhere I'd go out of my way to stay at again, but not somewhere I'd avoid either on return trips to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank SunKissedKate
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Our room was clean and comfortable and the bath new. We were visiting friends in the area and stayed here two days. Excellent price for area,convient to highway ...eat at Disings..a Dutch bakery down the road.Would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Hampton Inn Kingston
Comfort Inn Saugerties
Comfort Inn Saugerties
#4 of 7 in Saugerties
3.0 of 5 stars 129 reviews

Been to Superlodge Kingston? Share your experiences!