“Beware of allergies/asthma” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Superlodge Kingston

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Superlodge Kingston
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Albany, New York
“Beware of allergies/asthma”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I checked into our room and stayed for approximately 10 min. before he was grasping for his inhaler and I was coughing and coughing.

The rooms are probably fine (if extremely low budget) if you have absolutely no issues with dust or mold, but anyone with even slight issues in this arena should stay elsewhere. This has only happened to us one other time, so we are not THAT sensitive. Also, the room smelled like it had previously been a smoking room.

On a positive note, the front desk was very understanding and did not charge us a fee for leaving.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Suffern
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Needing to stay in the Saugerties New York area for a softball tournament last weekend, my options for hotels were limited because the HITS horse show was also going on in Saugerties. After reading recent reviews, I chose the Super Lodge in Kingston. The outside appearance of the hotel could use some updating for sure, but my room was huge and immaculate. The bathroom, while missing a fan (the hole in the ceiling was there for it..) looked recently renovated and was also immaculately clean. The air conditioner worked great.

I've paid more and been less happy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. My only complaint is that my bed felt like a brick but my friends who also stayed said theirs was fine, so it seems it was just my room. I'll deal with that for cleanliness any day..

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have sliding doors that go directly outside. Maybe good if you have kids that you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ADoerr
New Haven, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here for one night.

The pros: the staff was friendly and attentive. We checked in late and they were accommodating. We had some problems with the rooms and they were helpful. It was clear that they were very interested in making sure that we were satisfied with our stay.

The cons: Our first room reeked of smoke despite this being a nonsmoking facility. We asked for a change. In the second room, the air conditioner worked until we turned it off for about half an hour. We could not turn it back on and so, once again, we changed rooms.

The hotel upgraded us from a room with one full sized bed to a room with a king sized bed by the third change though, which was nice. Otherwise everything was generally clean and worked fine. Nothing was particularly fancy.

I would give the service five stars but the location only three.

The place is right off the highway which is very convenient.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristin B
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed May 4th through the 6th while we attended the dustoff Car Show / Swap Meet in Rhinebeck, NY. Located right off I87, it was the perfect spot for sleeping, shopping, and eating at the many restaurants in the immediate area. Room was very clean and well taken care of. The bed was queen size and very comfortable. We requested a refrig. in the room when the reservations were made and it was in the room at check in. check in and check out were very efficient. There is an indoor pool on the property, but was closed due to repairs. Ice machine, soda and snack machine located down the hall. The motel has two floors, we stayed on the 1st floor. Air and heat comfort was great, with the unit working very quietly. I recommend this motel if stay in the area from one night to multiple nights. There is also a restaurant on the property and their dinner meal was super !!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tleab1340
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stay here every time we do Levon Helm's Midnight Ramble. Great value; very clean, large rooms, friendly staff. Always an outstanding value for a budget motel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank douger207
Danforth, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

My family and I was taking a trip to visit some family and friends, and we needed to find a motel for a night or two, so we decided to stay at the SuperLodge, I wasnt to sure about staying here, but I changed my mind when we walked in, and was greeting by your friendly staff, they were very helpful and very nice, to us, our room was clean, you have a wonderful staff, I was very happy with your one employee Jessica, she was so nice I have to small children and she was so sweet to them. and your other employee Dawn, she was very good to us, I only have one problem is your manager, he is rude to the other employees, he talks down to them, I don't know his name. even thou you have a rude manager, I would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dori R
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Charged my creditcard without notifying or questioning me to clean up a smoke smell. Both my husband and I are non-smokers. Scam artists!! Do not patron this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank IPhoenix
superlodge, Front Office Manager at Superlodge Kingston, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
The management is very sorry for this mistake, there was a mistake in Credit Card Batch Processing. YOUR MONEY WAS REFUNDED AS SOON AS WE WERE INFORMED ABOUT THIS ISSUE.

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kingston Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Super 8 Kingston
Super 8 Kingston
#6 of 10 in Kingston

Been to Superlodge Kingston? Share your experiences!