“Fantastic Facilities and Staff”

Hampton Inn Kingston
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Providence, Rhode Island
“Fantastic Facilities and Staff”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Sandy Sanicki and her team made us feel welcome from the onset. Guest rooms were well appointed and clean. Meeting space was perfect including digital projector, white board and acoustics. My team appreciated the warm cookies delivered mid-afternoon. Simply put, we were made to feel at home. Kingston, NY is a great historic town and if you're in the area I would highly recommend Sandy and her staff at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank PROVRI123456

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This Kingston Hampton is either new or newly updated. Rooms are in great shape (as was the bathroom) with all of the usual Hilton comforts. Comfy beds, clean everything, and welcoming staff. The only drawback is that the hotel was right behind the train tracks - the bed shook noticeably when the train went by a few times and the train noise was noticeable. As a heavy sleeper, this didn't bother me too much - but could be difficult if you are a light sleeper or traveling with young kids. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank DinnerOut86
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The hotel itself was fine, but when our reservations say that check in time is at 3 and our room isn't ready until past 4, that is not okay. We had come to the area and reserved our room in order to attend a wedding and when we got there well after 3pm our room was not ready. We ended up having to wait for our room to be cleaned which made us late for our event. When I called to have this matter addressed I was told that someone would get back to me from the management team within three business days. After waiting for 5 days, I called back and they stated that I arrived and my room was ready at 3:15 when in fact I did not arrive until after 4 and had paperwork from the hotel confirming this. They said they would call me back and later, I received an email from the hotel management stating that I should have told them we had an event to attend. I don't think it is the responsibility of the customer to tell the hotel why they are staying at the hotel when I am told the check in time is 3pm and I gave them plenty of time past that for our room to be ready. Overall I am very displeased with the service but the hotel itself was in good condition and I have no complaints about the facility itself.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SJBK25D
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Just finished a trip to see family in Kingston and stayed at the Hampton. Had stayed at other properties in town in past years and not been thrilled so we tried a new location even though it was a bit pricey by Hampton standards. The rooms here are a bit small (we had heard some complaints about that) but are in great condition. The bathroom was clean, had a beautiful vanity and great shower, a big plus in my book. Even better, the beds were immaculate and extremely comfortable. Instead of a window-type AC unit there was a unit in the corner, sort of in a closet, and it was very quiet. At breakfast we saw two different staff folks helping guests and at one point the marketing manager stopped in to see a client and helped some younger guests get their breakfasts. It was nice to see folks pitching in to help. We talked along the way with several of the cleaning staff and they were invariably friendly and helpful. It looks like they have a good management team that keeps guests happy, and employees happy too so they go the extra bit to keep guests happy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The rates are higher at this location but well worth it. I have never seen a management team so visible and involved in a hotel. They miss nothing at this property. froma bottle of wine in my room because I am a frequentl travler with Hilton to making sure found the right restaurant. They had a managers reception and at the brekfast you do nto get a chance to throw away your plate because employees are everywhere to make sure you are happy. Beauitful pool. This may easily be the best Hampton inn you will ever stay in.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
London, UK
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This was our first night in US having flown in from London, UK, the same day. It was such a pleasure to arrive at the Hamton Inn at the end of a tiring day. The room was superb, very clean, modern and comfortable. Check in was easy and fast and staff really helpful. Easy walk to local "five guys" burger place which was a real treat and change from the usual chains. The manager was so helpful to us when we had a problem late at night with our plumbing, fixed the problem with no fuss very quickly. The breakfast the following morning was really good too. For the price, this was superb value and I would not hesitate to recommend.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
new york city
Reviewed July 26, 2010

If you don't care for B&B's (I don't), this Hampton Inn is a lovely option.

Feels totally brand new. The beds were great, with surprisingly nice linens and blankets.

In our room there was a brochure that said all bed linens, including the comforter covers, are washed between each guest's stay. This is a HUGE bonus, considering how gross some bedspreads can be in comparable chains.

Staff was friendly and professional.

Indoor pool was much appreciated by kids, though a bit too small to swim laps. Bummer.

Breakfast was a big buffet with yogurts, waffle maker, toast and eggs (the scrambled eggs were a bit rubbery) but the coffee was great.

Overall, great value and comfortable stay in this category.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
#1 of 5 in New Paltz
Diamond Mills Hotel
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties

Been to Hampton Inn Kingston? Share your experiences!