“A comfortable way to spend the weekend”

Hampton Inn Kingston
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I decided we needed a weekend away by ourselves. We chose Kingston, as an appropriate distance away, with a few landmarks nearby. We chose Hampton Inn because of how highly it is rated. We found those ratings to be accurate. We enjoyed our stay, had no problems, and were treated as helpfully as anyone would want. I recommend the whole experience to those looking for the kind of weekend we sought.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stay here probably 3 times a month for business purposes and whether it's 1 night or a whole week, the property, staff and amenitities are perfect for the busy business traveler. hfjdhfkjdshfkjdshfkjhfkjdhfkjdshkdshfkjdhfdhfkjdshfdhfkjdshfkjdshfkjdhfkdsjhfkdsjfhdskjfhdskjfh

Reviewed April 29, 2013

A little hard to find in the second tier commercial development, but once through the doors... Warm greeting, efficient check in, great room and about the first lodging in a long time to honor my request for extra pillows and towels. That attention to detail alone makes this a prime property! Nice and pleasant breakfast, speedy check out and on the list for a return visit.

Room Tip: Avoid the elevators...only one was in service and it was the furthest from my room...good thing...
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Once again Hampton Inn makes a rough trip better. My daughter and I drove through the Catskill Mtns. in a huge lightening storm, pouring down rain and pitch black. It was great to reach our GPS destination for the night. I had booked three different Hampton Inns for this trip looking at Colleges for our HS Sr. We flew into Hatford CT from TX. Stayed at Hadley, MA, Kingston, NY then Geneva NY before heading home. All three Hamptons were great. This one in Kingston had Taco Bell on one side and Dunkin Donuts on the other. Shopping Center across the way. Bard College was 15 minutes down the road. The staff was extremely friendly and helpfull.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was very pleased with our stay at the Hampton Inn Kingston. The staff was excellent. There were fresh baked cookies in the lobby upon arrival that made my kids very happy. The pool was clean and WARM! The room was clean. The breakfast was par and what you would expect at a moderately priced hotel chain. The front desk handed me extra fresh towels upon request. The hotel is located on Route "Store Chain USA" so don't go there on your honeymoon - but my kids loved the accessibility to fast food chains, malls and movie theaters. Don't expect a view beyond parking lots. Overall, it was beyond my expectations for what I expected in Kingston, NY. Good job Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stay at HAmpton Inn exclusively for work, and prefer it while traveling with family. The quality of this location is not on par with the others. The carpeting in the hallway and my room was faded and the shower walls show signs of mildew despite evidence of past efforts to remove with solvents. The shower fan and light did not work. House keeping should be on top of this. Locationwise, it's not great either as its surrounded by a shopping plaza on three sides and a tail road in the back.

The staff was great however. HI seems to get this right in every location I've stayed.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I travel often but have never experienced such an incredibly warm welcome and delightlful hotel experience. The hotel staff obviously enjoy working with eachother and are proud of the quality of the hotel... it sets a very nice tone. I travelled with two other people from my office and we were made to feel as if the Hampton Inn was a home away from home. I didn't have time to use the pool, but on my next stay, I certainly will carve out time to "hang out" at the hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn New Paltz
Hampton Inn New Paltz
#1 of 5 in New Paltz
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie

Been to Hampton Inn Kingston? Share your experiences!