“Hampton Inn Kingston NY”

Hampton Inn Kingston
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Antonio, Texas
“Hampton Inn Kingston NY”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The staff at this Hampton Inn is was very friendly and professional. The room was clean and the location is central, I will stay there again! The Staff was so helpful and gave me great advice on resturants, and other items I needed help with.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Each of the 3 times I've stayed at this hotel, I've had a wonderful experience. The staff is welcoming and helpful. They even helped my sister and me repair a wedding gift! The hotel is beautiful and well kept. Their breakfast is always well-stocked and wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Eastchester, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are updated and very clean. The hotel is located conveniently near walking distance of everything. The only complaint i have is that the doors to the rooms shut automatically behind you, so every time someone comes in or out the room, you hear it slamming.

Room Tip: make sure the room isn't anywhere near an elevator as it makes hissing sounds all night.
Atlanta
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My recent experience with Hamptons has been hit or miss. This is a property that is fresh and friendly. Front desk was great and the breakfast was normal Hampton fare, but spread out very well. Rooms were clean and looked recently refurbished. One experience that I think is worth mentioning is, while I was running on the treadmill, Winston, from the front desk nightshift, came into the fitness center and handed me a water! In all my years of business travel and all my miles run on a hotel treadmill, this was the first time that has happened. Kudos to Winston and the Hampton management for creating such an accomodating culture. I will stay here every time I come back to the area. I think this was a pretty good investment for a $.98 bottle of water.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stay here often an it is a good hotel experience every time. I am working on a home in Saugerties and this hotel is a good value in the area. I either stay here or Diamond Mills. Check it out for a good quality visit to the area.

Room Tip: Take a room above the first floor so you are not disturbed by cars parking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Gloversville
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The staff and facility are excellent. I love the sound of trains, so the trains that pass by the hotel were not an issue for me. It may be for some. The fact is that anyplace you stay in that area, you will hear the train.

Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was extremely happy with my stay at the Hampton Inn Kingston. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by an extremely pleasant counter representative. While I was checking in, he immediately offered my kids cookies and hot chocolate that was in the main breakfast area right behind were we were standing. The main floor was really nice. It had a gas fireplace with a large screen TV, comfortable couch and several tables. The room that we stayed in had 2 queen size beds that were very comfortable. I always tell my kids not to lay on the bed spreads because most hotels do not wash them after each stay, however this hotel appears to take pride in the fact that they do. There were signs in the elevator and a yellow sticky place above each bed that read “Duvet Covers and Sheets Are Clean For Your Arrival”. I thought that was a nice touch. I believe it also because they were bright white and appeared very clean. The bathroom was extremely clean and a nice size. We were not familiar with the area, so we asked the same counter person if he had any suggestions. He not only was eager to share his recommendation, he gave us a listing of restaurants in the area and gave us a 10% coupon for the one we selected- restaurant was perfect. The breakfast (included) was also excellent. They had the normal cold cereals and bagels/toast and muffins, and they also had scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage and make your own waffles (big hit with my kids). The breakfast attendant was very much on top of things – replenishing when needed, and cleaning immediately upon someone finishing. The only slightly strange thing was that you had to drive through a CVS parking lot to get to the hotel- no big deal. There was a mall across the street which would come in handy if you forgot something or were into shopping. Hampton Inn Kingston was definitely a great find. I am definitely planning on staying there again when I go back skiing.

2 Thank Steve D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
#1 of 5 in New Paltz
Diamond Mills Hotel
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties

Been to Hampton Inn Kingston? Share your experiences!