1,019 results
All reviews taco bell dunkin donuts fast food waffles train noise complimentary breakfast strip mall fresh fruit nice breakfast business center the breakfast area convenient location clean rooms parking lot a great place to stay front desk staff fitness center
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stay here on weekends that our son is skiing at Belleayre. We love this hotel and so does our son. Pluses: (1) clean, clean, clean hotel and rooms!, (2) the breakfast area can be used in the evenings to bring in food from Panera or any of the other local eateries (if you don't feel like eating at a local restaurant)--Target is also right across the highway and the Hannaford supermarket within walking distance, (3) comfortable couches and chairs around the fireplace in the common area (I spent early Sunday morning with my Ipad in front of the fireplace-- fresh coffee was also already available from the breakfast area), (4) very clean pool and surrounding pool area (my son and his friend had a great time swimming on Saturday night), (5) very nice healthy breakfast selection (i.e. fruit salad, hardboiled eggs, oatmeal), plus some not so healthy (but good) choices!-- and it's included in the price, (6) very nice staff-- and accomodating, and (7) reasonably priced. Although we often only stay for one night (we live about a 2 hour drive away), we view it as a mini vacation. :). The hotel was recommended to us by a friend, and we continue to recommend to our friends (friends stayed this weekend, while we were there an also remarked how much they liked the hotel).

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for one night. The staff was very friendly, the room was immaculate and the free breakfast was ample. My only complaint was the scrambled eggs but the real waffles made up for this. There were no issues with noise as other reviewers have noted.

I was very pleased to find a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. The bathroom amenities were generous and the bed was very comfortable.

I'd definitely stay in this hotel again.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were traveling and stayed overnight for one night. The hotel was nice and clean with decent sized rooms. The only problem that I had was at around 9 o'clock at night there were little kids yelling and running down the hallway. We could hear that their parents were out there as well. We finally had to go into the hall and ask them to please be quiet. Average hotel.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HIKingston, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciated and value what you have to say. I am terribly sorry to hear that you experienced noise due to children running in the hallways. We had a great deal of families during the time of your stay, due to children having sometime off . Please accept our apologies, Hopefully during your next visit we can ensure that we place you in a quite section of the hotel. Please feel free to contact us during any future stays so that we may make these arrangements for you and your family,

Ramona Vazquez

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Things we really liked about this Hampton Inn: the swimming pool (open all day long, salt water, so great for kids), the front desk staff (got us a quiet room when we asked, asked our noisy upstairs neighbors to tone it down on our behalf), comfy enough room, clean, and generous breakfast buffet (our daughter loved making her own waffle), very reasonable price. So the eggs were chunky/not from fresh eggs, it's in a strip of chain stores, being family friendly means there's quite a bit of noise....but all the rest way outweighs these negatives. We'll definitely stay here again next time we're in the area.

Room tip: Ask for rooms on the front/street side, as the back/train side is supposed to be nosier. Ask for top floor to have less noise.
Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I try to stay here when we're up visiting my family- the only problem we have is that sometimes it's completely booked- and with good reason. This hotel is a zillion times better than any other option within a 20 mile radius. Breakfast is plentiful and varied, staff is professional and courteous, and the rooms are immaculate. The facility is well-maintained and everyone seems to take a lot of pride in running this place. Well-done! We had a wonderful stay over the past several nights, and will certainly return.

Date of stay: December 2012