“Outstanding Hotel in the Area”

Hampton Inn Kingston
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I try to stay here when we're up visiting my family- the only problem we have is that sometimes it's completely booked- and with good reason. This hotel is a zillion times better than any other option within a 20 mile radius. Breakfast is plentiful and varied, staff is professional and courteous, and the rooms are immaculate. The facility is well-maintained and everyone seems to take a lot of pride in running this place. Well-done! We had a wonderful stay over the past several nights, and will certainly return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Started my business stay here the week prior to Sandy hitting the NY area. The hotel and staff were welcoming and accommodating. The rooms were nice and the breakfast was also good. There is also a manager's reception once a week. Didn't really notice any noise above and beyond normal guest hall chatter.

During and afterwards, the staff tried their best to manage the storm's adverse affects. They lost hot water for a day, but tried to gracefully manage the many complaints received from guests. Besides getting someone there to assess the water problem and ordering the required parts for repair, they had no control over the water issue. There had been a storm and everything was moving at a slower pace, including parts delivery. Yet, they gracefully handled the continual complaints about no hot water (for about 24 hrs). Personally, I wanted to yell at some of the people and tell them to be glad they had a roof over their head, a warm bed/room and any water at all. Many others were not so fortunate.

Kudos to the staff and I'd be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HIKingston, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest; Thank you for your feedback, I am thrilled to hear that under the circumstances we all shared, We were still able to make your stay an enjoyable one, it 's guests like yourself that make it that much worth while. Knowing you are happy and satisfied is the true meaning of satisfaction for us.
Once again on behave of myself and staff, THANK YOU!!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while visiting local friends recently. The hotel seems fairly new from the inside out and is conveniently located close to the Interstate, shopping and restaurants. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. Free breakfast had a nice variety of fruits, cereal and yogurts as well as pre-made omelets, make-your-own waffle station and breakfast meats. Overall the stay was pleasant and exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIKingston, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest: We appreciate your feedback.We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Kingston New York.Please let us know if there is anything we may assist you with during future stays. We loved having you here. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean (could use new carpet sometime in the next year, but it was just a little worn, not dirty). Staff was friendly and helpful. Only real problem was noise. A train runs past the back of the property. Nighttime, too.
The hotel is in a strip mall surrounded by a busy parking lot. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012
Henrique N, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear: Guest

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Kingston, New York. We appreciate feedback I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the noise that comes from the train blowing it's whistle. Unfortunately we have no control over this noise,but hopefuly during any future stays we can make arrangements where we can assign a room away from the train. Please accept our apologies for any Inconvenience this may have caused you. I am truly happy to hear that our staff was helpful, I'm sure to would love to hear, please let me know if there is anything else that I may assist you with.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were visiting friends in Kingston and booked this hotel on recommendation from them, plus the fact that we tend to stick with Hilton brand hotels whenever possible (my wife is an HHonors member). We stayed for 1 night with a 3 year old and a 1 year old.

The location was great - parking lot was well lit and this hotel is near a ton of stores, including sharing a parking lot with a CVS and a Taco Bell. The hotel itself & the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff for the most part was very accommodating - they provided a crib and were very helpful and polite.

I took off a point for 3 reasons.
1. Upon arrival, we waited at the lobby desk for quite some time before anyone addressed us at all. Apparently they were in the middle of a shift change and there was an issue with a computer or something. I didn't have a problem with having to wait or with the line - these things happen & I am a reasonable person. The problem I had was that the people behind the desk saw us with our kids and all of our bags, smiled at us, yet said absolutely nothing to us. We waited for at least 10 minutes before someone explained what was happening or said anything to us at all. There was no, "We'll be with you in a few minutes," no, "We apologize for the inconvenience". Nothing.
2. This one is a mild inconvenience and nothing more - The fitness center closed at 11pm. Most of the Hiltons/Hamptons we stay in have fitness centers that are open 24/7 and I have come to expect this and plan to sneak a workout in late at night after I get the kids to sleep. It wasn't too much of a problem - I headed down there at 10:45 and was expecting only 15 minutes, but nobody came to kick me out and I got my full half hour in.
3. I have become spoiled by the Hilton gel/foam beds. This hotel did not have them. The beds was comfortable nonetheless but not what I had hoped for.

Again, none of these are huge issues, most are fairly petty matters. But I reserve the 5 dots for exceptional stays. This was a great stay, no REAL complaints. But it was not exceptional. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again, and would recommend it for anyone traveling to the Kingston area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear: Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor, we appreciate your feedback. I am really sorry to hear that you felt as though you were not acknowledged. Please accept our apologies while you are absolutely right a quick ( I'll be right with you!) would satisfy any guest. They may have been a bit frazzled with the computers having trouble. Please let me know if there is anything that I may help you with in the near future. I will definitely use your feedback as a learning tool for all employees.Please know that this is certainly not the normal behavior of my staff.They are really super and love what they do for all our guest.

We look forward to your next visit ! Happy holidays to you and your family.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We arrived on a Tuesday evening to find what looked like a party. Tuesdays, we were told, is Manager's Reception night! No need to leave the hotel for dinner - this was a real reception with not only the usual cheese and crackers, but lasgana, bread, appetizers, sodas, bottled water, beer, and wine. The manager and his staff were there mingling, helping, assuring everyone was happy. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel itself was very clean, with wonderful beds, a nice breakfast selection. Each member of the staff that we had occasion to deal with was kind and helpful. I thought the price was a little high for a Hampton, but when you factored in dinner as well as breakfast, it was a deal. Definitely my choice next time I have business in Kingston.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have gone to Kingston twice a year for the past few years and have always stayed here since the opening. It is a consistent choice - comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff and a fairly nice breakfast buffet.
The staff has been especially helpful with directions.
The computer in the business center has good connection - I've stayed frequently at hotels where the internet was horribly slow. The hotel also has a pool and exercise room. I've never used either; I wished pools stayed opened later.
There is new competition across the street but I've always opted for the Hampton Inn due to the staff and the generally more competitive prices.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
#4 of 10 in Kingston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz NY
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream

Been to Hampton Inn Kingston? Share your experiences!