Hampton Inn Kingston
$195
Rondout Inn(Kingston)
Schwartz's Inn(Kingston)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstaco belldunkin donutsfast foodwafflestrain trackscomplimentary breakfasthunter mountainfresh fruitnice breakfastthe breakfast areaconvenient locationclean roomsfitness centerparking lothudson rivernew yorkindoor pool
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were visiting friends in Kingston and booked this hotel on recommendation from them, plus the fact that we tend to stick with Hilton brand hotels whenever possible (my wife is an HHonors member). We stayed for 1 night with a 3 year old and a 1 year old.

The location was great - parking lot was well lit and this hotel is near a ton of stores, including sharing a parking lot with a CVS and a Taco Bell. The hotel itself & the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff for the most part was very accommodating - they provided a crib and were very helpful and polite.

I took off a point for 3 reasons.
1. Upon arrival, we waited at the lobby desk for quite some time before anyone addressed us at all. Apparently they were in the middle of a shift change and there was an issue with a computer or something. I didn't have a problem with having to wait or with the line - these things happen & I am a reasonable person. The problem I had was that the people behind the desk saw us with our kids and all of our bags, smiled at us, yet said absolutely nothing to us. We waited for at least 10 minutes before someone explained what was happening or said anything to us at all. There was no, "We'll be with you in a few minutes," no, "We apologize for the inconvenience". Nothing.
2. This one is a mild inconvenience and nothing more - The fitness center closed at 11pm. Most of the Hiltons/Hamptons we stay in have fitness centers that are open 24/7 and I have come to expect this and plan to sneak a workout in late at night after I get the kids to sleep. It wasn't too much of a problem - I headed down there at 10:45 and was expecting only 15 minutes, but nobody came to kick me out and I got my full half hour in.
3. I have become spoiled by the Hilton gel/foam beds. This hotel did not have them. The beds was comfortable nonetheless but not what I had hoped for.

Again, none of these are huge issues, most are fairly petty matters. But I reserve the 5 dots for exceptional stays. This was a great stay, no REAL complaints. But it was not exceptional. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again, and would recommend it for anyone traveling to the Kingston area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Henrique N, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear: Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor, we appreciate your feedback. I am really sorry to hear that you felt as though you were not acknowledged. Please accept our apologies while you are absolutely right a quick ( I'll be right with you!) would satisfy any guest. They may have been a bit frazzled with the computers having trouble. Please let me know if there is anything that I may help you with in the near future. I will definitely use your feedback as a learning tool for all employees.Please know that this is certainly not the normal behavior of my staff.They are really super and love what they do for all our guest.

We look forward to your next visit ! Happy holidays to you and your family.

Ramona Vazquez

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We arrived on a Tuesday evening to find what looked like a party. Tuesdays, we were told, is Manager's Reception night! No need to leave the hotel for dinner - this was a real reception with not only the usual cheese and crackers, but lasgana, bread, appetizers, sodas, bottled water, beer, and wine. The manager and his staff were there mingling, helping, assuring everyone was happy. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel itself was very clean, with wonderful beds, a nice breakfast selection. Each member of the staff that we had occasion to deal with was kind and helpful. I thought the price was a little high for a Hampton, but when you factored in dinner as well as breakfast, it was a deal. Definitely my choice next time I have business in Kingston.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have gone to Kingston twice a year for the past few years and have always stayed here since the opening. It is a consistent choice - comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff and a fairly nice breakfast buffet.
The staff has been especially helpful with directions.
The computer in the business center has good connection - I've stayed frequently at hotels where the internet was horribly slow. The hotel also has a pool and exercise room. I've never used either; I wished pools stayed opened later.
There is new competition across the street but I've always opted for the Hampton Inn due to the staff and the generally more competitive prices.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My parents, husband and I stayed here over the weekend for my parents anniversary. We were very happy with our stay. The hotel and our rooms were very clean and up to date. The hotel offers free continental breakfast with a a variety of choices to choose from. There is a pool, fitness center and office room. There is no restaurant in hotel but that's ok. We will stay here in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was not a guest, but I will be next time I'm in Kingston! I came into the front desk while having to speak at a conference in the area with some badly needed help and a question and the front desk was beyond helpful. Both front desk people went out of their way to help me and I truly am grateful. I believe her name was Nicky went far and above what was needed to help a walk in non (but soon to be) guest. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business