“CONSISTENTLY GREAT FOOD”

Roudigan's Steakhouse
Ranked #105 of 208 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Roudigan's Steakhouse is a casual steakhouse famous for our Aged USDA prime steaks that are cooked on a mesquite grill. In addition to our famous steaks, we feature seafood, chicken, and pasta dishes. We also have lighter fare options during dinner hours. Our lunch menu features great burgers, sandwiches, paninis, and fajitas. We are open for breakfast as well and feature all your favorite breakfast items. Be sure to call us about our breakfast buffet on the weekends.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CONSISTENTLY GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We often eat at Roudigans. We love the food and the salad bar. I always have chicken francaise and my husband has seafood pasta. It is always fresh and delicious.

• Visited August 2013

West Haven, CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Steaks....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had breakfast the 1st morning there and it wasn't great, barely good. Only eggs were scrambled, runny syrup (and no choice of low calorie), only very memorable. We went elsewhere day 2. Dinner on the other hand was very good. I had medium rare prime rib and it was good. The au juice was not very flavorful. My husband had a different steak and it was good, a little over cooked for medium rare. The onion rings were very good.

Visited August 2013
Middletown, New York
“Extensive Menu Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

2 Adults and 2 kids went to dinner on a Sat. Night. Salad bar was nice, everything fresh and containers full. Had raw clams on 1/2 shell, very fresh, Kids had grilled cheese and the other one had chicken Quesadilla which both of them enjoyed. My companion and I had the smallest Prime Rib, but it was more than enough. You could have mushrooms, onions etc with your steak at no additional cost. The only thing the prime rib was a little dry. There was no extra juice on the side or in the plate. Ask for it if you order. Bill for 4 with one drink and soda's came to $98.00 with the 10 % discount card from the Quality Inn that this is attached too. Would stop here again.

Visited July 2013
Charleston, WV
“Hit and miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Strange restaurant who doesn't seem to have determined what it wants to be. The menu is filled with pictures of old movie actors and the walls have a bunch of signed celebrity pics. After that, the décor is a conglomeration of all sorts of stuff. Antiques, Mexican hats, toys, non-matching lights and on and on. lots to look at but it also mimics the menu.

They have a large menu that covers everything, Mexican, salads, specialties and steaks. It's hard to do a large menu well and this restaurant was no exception. My wife had chicken fajitas which were mediocre with little seasoning. The sauces came in little plastic containers with lids. I had a strip steak and baked potato. It was excellent as was the potato. I read in past reviews that others have found this place hit or miss. I really wish they would eliminate about have the menu, clean it all up and become a steak house, which they do very well. Oh, the salad bar is just fine.

The bar is terrible. They couldn't make an Old Fashioned or a Margarita and we ended up sending both of them back. I tried to tell the waitress about the drinks but she stopped me and told me she didn't have anything to do with drinks. We went with water and iced tea.

Second, we stayed at the Quality Inn next door which is not a part of this business but they do contract with Roudigan's for breakfast. It was advertised as a made-to-order breakfast. It was not. There appeared to be two people on duty that had made items and put them over a hot plate. Nothing was hot and it made us long for an average restaurant with one of the waffle makers. If the restaurant isn't going to do breakfast right, they should discontinue it completely.

While my individual ratings would generally have averaged to a rating of three, with the wait time, the bar and the differences in food give this a 2 rating. If you go here, get a steak.

• Visited June 2013
Kingston, New York
“Not horrible, but not very good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've been to Roudigan's a couple times. They're just average. They have a great salad bar, but everything else I've ever had was just okay. I could've made a better meal at home. I do remember last time I went in late 2012, I ordered a seafood platter and it was, again, okay, but everything had a lot of breading to it, not much seafood. But granted it was out of season.

I'd go for drinks and appetizers, but not dinner.
A plus, the staff has always been very good, friendly and attentive.

Visited December 2012