“Not horrible, but not very good”

Roudigan's Steakhouse
Ranked #117 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Roudigan's Steakhouse is a casual steakhouse famous for our Aged USDA prime steaks that are cooked on a mesquite grill. In addition to our famous steaks, we feature seafood, chicken, and pasta dishes. We also have lighter fare options during dinner hours. Our lunch menu features great burgers, sandwiches, paninis, and fajitas. We are open for breakfast as well and feature all your favorite breakfast items. Be sure to call us about our breakfast buffet on the weekends.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've been to Roudigan's a couple times. They're just average. They have a great salad bar, but everything else I've ever had was just okay. I could've made a better meal at home. I do remember last time I went in late 2012, I ordered a seafood platter and it was, again, okay, but everything had a lot of breading to it, not much seafood. But granted it was out of season.

I'd go for drinks and appetizers, but not dinner.
A plus, the staff has always been very good, friendly and attentive.

There are newer reviews for Roudigan's Steakhouse

Reviewed March 23, 2013

To start with, it as cold. We were assured they would turn up the heat, but they never shut the back door after a carpet delivery. I sat through the meal with my coat on.
A very uninspired soup and salad bar, VERY uninspired. Packaged rolls. Canned clam chowder. Tired looking pale green lettuce. A few grape tomatoes, canned olives, and a small offering of raw veggies. Shell-on shrimp did not look very fresh; the shells were frayed and the color was uneven. I passed on those. The macaroni, potato, and pasta salads had that grocery-deli texture and flavor.
Their onion rose -- oh, my. I love those onion blossom things, but I did not love this one. The breading was tasteless, burned at the tips, white and mushy at the bottom, and the onion was uncooked. The whole thing was presented sitting in a puddle of oil.
I went to the ladies room and found papers all over the floor and a dirt ring in the toilet. I put paper on the seat -- perhaps others had done so before me, which would account for the condition of the floor. On the plus side, it was warm in the rest room. I passed another warm spot near the hostess station where 3 waitresses were standing and rubbing their arms and hands to get warm.
as I returned to the table, the waitress was leaving; she had just delivered the food. My friend's steak was good. His baked potato, raw in the middle. My scallops were bland and chewy, and had a tinny after-taste. I ate two. The garlic mashed potatoes were ice cold and congealed, stiff as if they were leftovers taken from the fridge and not left in the microwave long enough. The waitress brought me another portion, which were fine; in fact, they were the best part of my meal. We mentioned the cold again, and again she promised to turn up the heat.
We were offered coffee and dessert, which we declined, telling her we were cold and wanted to pay so we could go out to the car and warm up. She told us that the grill in the corner of the dining room would soon be fired up and the room would get warm, but we told her that didn't matter to us, as we were leaving if er ever got our check. I asked her to wrap up my scallops. My cat loves seafood.
I left the establishment hungry and annoyed. We stopped 15 minutes later at Mary Jane's Dairy Bar on route 9W in Newburgh (HIGHLY recommended!) where I got a little something to fill my tummy and soothe my nerves, and we went back to the car to eat our ice cream. as soon as I opened the car door, the smell from the scallops hit me. In that short a time, in a cool car, they had begun to smell decidedly off. I threw them in the trash can, and I sincerely hope that no poor raccoon got at them and ended up with a tummyache.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were staying at the Quality Inn, so we came to Roudigan for dinner. It does require a bit of wait, so we came here first and got a reservation before we brought our luggage to the hotel. The price is very reasonable. But I think the general price in this area is quite reasonalbe. I like the decor with the old movie posters. The Roudigan burger is superb. The main course comes with the salad bar, which was excellent. In addition to the usual, there was several different types of pastas, cocktail shrimps, etc. A good value. The disappointment though is the fillet mignon. It has no taste at all.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

So having put myself through college working in various restaurants, and being SERVSAFE certified for my job position in auditing military dining facilities, I would consider myself to be a subject matter expert regarding restaurants and food service.
My wife and I went to this place last year to have what I hoped would be a nice, quiet, romantic dinner. What a surprise we were to have instead.
I do not recall the day of the week, but it was early evening, and the restaurant was not busy. We settled down at a quiet corner table, and after ordering a bottle of red wine informed our server that "...we were not in a hurry." We proceeded to enjoy the salad bar offerings (which was the best part of the visit). The wine was served, and we were ready to enjoy our salad bar selections. We had not finished our first plate (the soup was next), and here come our entrees! The server must have dropped the order right away, in spite of our request for "no hurry". This was an easily overlooked error, but when we asked that the entrees be held under the warming lights, we were told "NO". The two-top table was squeezed for room.
Following the chain of command, I then asked for the manager. After explaining the situation to the manager, they also refused to comply with our desire to have a nice, quiet dinner. I was quite annoyed. In all my years of dining out, there have been very few instances of my leaving a restaurant, and this was one of them. We could not even enjoy the wine as we could not leave with the open bottle (I understand the law) but they would not let us finish it in the bar because "we did not purchase it in the bar". So after paying for the salad bar for two, and the bottle of wine we did not even get to enjoy, it was $45 for nothing.
At any time the manager could have reversed this situation with a little bit of customer service, but apparently with a family owned restaurant there is no corporate office to which to complain, so there is little liability for them. All in all it was a most unpleasant experience.
Thanks for wasting my time and money, Roudigan's, and you need not worry about us again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Lots of cool stuff to see but the food is "meh" at best. I had pork chops while they were good the mashed potatoes were so peppery (yea I know, right!) they were inedible. My pop had a burger which too looked great but was bland (but huge). If you are lookin for big portions of ok food, then this is the place.