“Very Good”
Review of Courtyard Kingston

Courtyard Kingston
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is 1 of the best Marriott's I have stayed at, extremely clean and a fantastic lobby area with a fire and great chilling out area.
The room was very spacious and clean on the 1st floor with a great outdoor area, bit to cold this time of year to really enjoy.
Got to be honest with you I would have given this a excellent review but I have 1 issue, we stayed for 3 nights, the 1st night the pool and hot tub were cold, we didn't say anything because the 2nd night the pool was warm and the hot tub was hot, the 3rd night we back with the pool been cold and the hot tub just warm, as this was NYE I thought it was important that the pool be warm for the kids, so I did complain about it to the manager on duty.
We left the pool because it was freezing and went for dinner my son really upset because we had been skiing all day and we were so looking forward to the pool and hot tub, upon our return of about 2 hours the pool was back up to temperature and all the kids had a great time.
I'm thinking this was a quick fix because they had to run a hose from the boiler room to the pool to heat up the pool, might not have been the prettiest but the male staff member who did it saved all the kids and parent's NYE and he should be commended because if he hadn't you would have had all the kids just running up and down the lobby.
No Pool Towels 3 nights in a row?
What I don't understand is why can't someone check on the temp or towels at the pool why do you have to wait for someone to complain, come on guys you really do have a great place and I would highly recommend people stay there.
Great place, great location, the cleanest and nicest Marriott we have stayed at.
Can't review the restaurant as we didn't eat there but it looked very nice, maybe an idea to generate people would have been to offer a toast at midnight???

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Shiona H, General Manager at Courtyard Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. The pool being warm is a top proirity for us as well as clean fresh towels in the pool area. I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay! We look forward to seeing you in the New Year!

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Train whistles and rumble throughs kept me awake all night. Seems like one came through every 20 minutes. Room was cold, the heater blew cold air set on 73. The room smelled heavily of curry.

The staff was very friendly. They replaced the soiled blanket that came with the room within about 20 minutes.

If you enjoy curry and can sleep through trains going by and have extra warm pajamas, I would add back 2 stars.

Stayed: December 2013
Shiona H, General Manager at Courtyard Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Maintenance was notified of the heating issue and was fixed immediately. I apologize for the inconvenience you occured during your stay and would love to make it up to you in the future. If you are coming back to Kingston, please call me directly and I will make sure your room faces the front of the hotel. If there is anything myself or my staff could do to make your next stay more comfortable, please feel free to contact me at anytime. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Wonderfully competent and friendly staff.
They obviously take pride in their work and their work place.
Clean and spacious rooms and a nicely stocked and staffed bar. The staff throughout was always professional!
We did not take advantage of the meal services, but it was nice to know that they were available.
Again, Nicely Done!
Mr. & Mrs. Albert White

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Shiona H, General Manager at Courtyard Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Mr. & Mrs. Albert White,
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. What you have said about us is what we strive to be! Friendly, helpful, and to really make all of our guests feel welcome and at home. We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you again for the kind words.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stay in the Kingston area a few nights per year when visiting family and I all I need is a comfortable and quiet room. The Courtyard and the Hampton Inn across the street are the only two name brand hotels in the area.

This past stay at the Courtyard hit rock bottom. When we first got to our room (337), we were happy. It was on the top floor and at the very end of the hall. The room seemed quite clean.

The first bad thing we noticed was this dark black mold ring along the shower bottom. That was shortly followed by realizing the bed was hard as a rock and quite worn out. There was a super light blanket on the bed and some paper thin sheets.

It was quite late, so all we did was go to sleep and the first thing we heard was the wind whistling outside. It was windy, but not windy enough to cause any real noise. Not sure what caused the whistling noise, but it went on all night long and it was quite loud. Then like clockwork, every hour or so, the train across the street would go by blowing its whistle as well.

All in all, we had a terrible night’s sleep.

They have done a great job maintaining the central hotel areas which are quite nice, but are clearly doing it at the expense of comfortable bedding and quiet rooms.

There are not a lot of choices in this area, but this hotel is no longer one of them.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bw411

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience you have occured during your stay. We strive to make your stay a comfortable home away from home. We have looked into the issues that you have stated and took care of them immediately. We are having a room remodel as well starting in January, we we are looking forward to that. When coming back to the area please call me directly or Lara Hart in sales and we would love to be able to make this up to you. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I guess it was a perfect location to spend few days of work around the area. Groceries, gas station, restaurants, mall and few more things are just nearby. As for the hotel, room is spacious, clean and quite. Hallway is clean. Cafe restaurant is presentable and clean. Fitness gym is better. Although the bathroom is spacious and clean, the only thing I don't like about it, is the glass mounted beside the bathtub. It is quite scary since accidents happens and if you slip while you are taking a shower, and if you are not careful enough, you might hit at the edge of the glass. Just be extra careful when taking a shower. But overall, I like the hotel. I would love to stay here again if I have that chance in the future, staying or just passing by.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GTCube

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We will look into the shower area and will take action, I do appreciate that you pointed that out to us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I were tired after driving to Kingston, and looking forward to dropping our bags and resting. When we were checking in, there was some confusion with our reservation and we were at the desk for some time. Fortunately, the staff was wonderful! Not only did they resolve the problem, but we were given complimentary cocktails.They completely transformed what could have been an unpleasant situation, and we forgot about the long drive immediately. Lovely hotel, and terrific staff!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! I am so glad our wonderful staff took great care of you! We strive to be your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you in the New Year!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A great hotel with a great breakfast located in view if the Catskills Mountains. It is located at the side of the mall and moments from throughway and the Hudson River. They also have great staff. It is located about 5 minutes from Rhine-cliff bridge and 5 minutes from the city of Kingston, 10 to Saugerties and 15 to Woodstock.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DeltaBiker

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you in the New Year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Hampton Inn Kingston
Comfort Inn Saugerties
Comfort Inn Saugerties
#3 of 6 in Saugerties
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream

Been to Courtyard Kingston? Share your experiences!