Courtyard Kingston
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)
Rodeway Inn(Kingston)
View Hotel
All reviewsstarbucks coffeehot tubshopping plazaparking lotcheck in was quickchecking inbig box storesnice staywould definitely stay here againwe've stayedroom was largeclean hotelfront desk staffresidence innhyde parkindoor poolbistro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a large family group, including six young children. The rooms were large and well furnished and particularly well sound proofed. The real bonus was the attitude of all the staff who were extremely friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast service was quick and the food was of good standard. Again any request we had for the children was met with friendly efficiency. We even used the large table for a picnic when the Bistro was closed at lunch time. There is a pleasant outdoor area at the back of the hotel.
The swimming pool and adjacent jacuzzi was a great favourite with us all. The nearby mall with a cinema within was popular too on a wet evening .

Room Tip: There is some noise from trains at the back but not enough to be disruptive. Rooms at the front are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PollydoodleScotland
Shiona H, General Manager at Courtyard Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your response. I remember talking to you and having a lovely chat. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Let me start by sharing that I have lifetime elite status with Marriott and I would absolutely never, ever make another reservation at this hotel. I arrived at 10pm to learn that my room had been given away. Apparently, this hotel (regardless of your confirmed reservation) is more concerned with filling their hotel than in honoring a commitment and reservation. At 10pm, the night before a huge meeting, I had no place to stay. In speaking with the staff at the Hampton Inn across the street (actually much nicer property), they shared that the Kingston Courtyard commonly overbooks, leaving their customers stranded. Never Again!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you reserve at this hotel, they will likely give your room away - leaving you high and dry. Choose the Hampton Inn across the street. I'm a Marriott girl and can assure you that it is a much nicer property with management that has integrity regarding reservations.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank kim s

I am so sorry that you had to experience that here. We strive to not have to send people to other hotels due to overbooking, but it is common in the entire travel industry, I will admit. Please, if you come back to the Hudson Valley, call me personally and I will make sure that your stay is extraordinary. Thank You!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Kingston has a severe hotel shortage. This is the best by far. The rest are econolodges, super 8's etc., not that they're not ok. Generally we look for a Microtel or Country Inn's & Suites. So it's not like a stuck up thing in writing this. It's just that this is a great hotel and there's a loonnggg way down to the next group. Although there was another hotel down the street that looked like it'd be decent. If you're coming to the Hudson Valley expect to pay $150 to $250 a night for a room that anywhere else in America would be maybe....$80-90. Or, stay here for the $150 and actually get a room that goes for that price everywhere else too. I think the bottom line is it's a Marriott. They always have great hotels regardless of whether it's high end, middle end (is that a word?) or low end complexes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much! We strive to be the best hotel in the area and you are correct, Marriott standards are high. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. While I agree with other reviewers that you can hear the trains close by it did not bother me or my husband all that much. The location is near a shopping mall but it is on a hill and our room faced the mountains so it was lovely. Our room was large,well appointed and had a very good layout as did the bathroom. Our room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. There was a cafe, nice common spaces, and the free coffee and tea avaiable at all ours was wonderful. The lady at the front desk was very helpful answering all our questions even though things could get quite busy for her.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Roma Z

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The staff members here are really lovely.

The rooms are very clean and well kept and quiet as well. We went for a swim in the morning and the pool water was not the cleanest unfortunately. Perhaps it was just before being serviced.

Again though the staff and overall room condition was excellent. If you can book this place for a normal reasonable price I would recommend it. Welcoming nice people work here.

Now for the price> This is the only reason that I rated the property as average. It was completely outrageous. It was almost doubled for a 'special event' although we couldn't find out what special event they were referring to. We had no choice that night and had to stay in the area. Again, good solid choice especially with families but the price point was terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for the view of the hills on the opposite end of the garbage area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review. Our staff strives to provide service that is equal to the cost of our rooms. There are weekends in the summer months where there are many events going on in the area, such as horse shows, weddings and festivals. We look forward to seeing you in the future and providing you with excellent service.