“In Season Rate, In Off Season” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Kingston

Courtyard Kingston
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“In Season Rate, In Off Season”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

It's a nice enough hotel. Other reviewers have pointed out it's location being challenging, but they take the Marriott welcome seriously; and it's a pleasant stay. The views are limited as you are tucked into the corner of a regional mall. That said, the sole quibble is the rate. However the innkeeper has the right, and if they can fill the rooms to the degree they require, then that's the rate. I choose the brand because I don't care for surprises when I arrive late, and their track record is near flawless for me.

Another positive note: I had breakfast not included in my room rate, but the service and food were very nice before heading out for the day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Blue_Water_Lovers
Shiona H, General Manager at Courtyard Kingston, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Kingston Courtyard by Marriott. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Amherst, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We found the Courtyard to be clean, inviting, and very comfortable. The breakfast was great. There is no view and it is located in the midst of shopping centers. However, it was quiet and convenient for our purposes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review and kind words. It is always appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Sandy rid us of our power. we found courtyard marriott in kingston, as did many other families. The staff was very caring and helpful from the front desk to Frankie who cleaned our room and left us extra coffee and towels! They did all they could to make us comfortable. And the hotel is located a few hundred feet from a mall and movies. The kids were on vacation. Untill we returned to school.

Room Tip: all rooms seemed fine
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marcstarr
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of the Kingston Courtyard. Hurricane Sandy impacted so many lives and we are so happy we could make that difficult time for you and your family a little brighter. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future under better circumstances.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We ended up booking a reservation last minute due to Hurricane Sandy. The facility was very clean. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The only downside was that there was no on premise restaurant/cafe of any kind. They only had a buffet breakfast in the morning, which was decent. Otherwise, would definitely come back again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope that during the difficult time we could be of help and make your stay comfortable. We are starting renovation in the first part of 2013, so when you return we will have a Bistro with breakfast and dinner service, with a full service Starbucks. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Saugerties, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

First off; we had a terrible experience being a local homeowner and contacting ANOTHER hotel up in Saugerties, where we live, for an 'odd request'. I recently became debilitated due to cancer so I cant climb my house steps to my upstairs bathroom to take a shower. So, out of desperation, I decided to call around for use of a 'handi cap' accessible bathroom at a local hotel. I would JUST need the bathroom for an hour, in and out. I have NO problem paying a fee, just hoped I could get a better price considering the room was still rentable after I left at 6pm. Either way...The Comfort Inn in Saugerties would NOT work with me at ALL on the nightly rate! And, to top it off, their 'accessible' bathrooms are a JOKE....and dirty with mold. I had a VERY hard time using their cramped, handi cap UNfriendly facilities. And this, after paying $89 nt for a 1 hour shower time! I wrote THEM a review too!

THIS SAID; A family member of mine contacted THE COURTYARD MARRIOT in Kingston, NY and discussed my situation. THEY offered their top of the line 'roll in' handi cap bathroom/shower FREE of use to me as long as I use it between check out and check in...and that the housekeepers of that floor were willing to clean it after me. Yes! They agreed to help me out! What wonderful woman! (Helen!) I tried it out today..and it was awesome! Every 'bell and whistle' for a disabled person. THIS place knows how to treat people...not only someone in need, like me, but all handi capped folks in general. With dignity! Just on that principle alone....BOOK 'EM! Thanks to the whole Marriott team for welcoming me. Good Karma!

Room Tip: If your handi capped, THIS is the place to stay. A nice, easy roll in or walk in shower with a showe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank UpstateNYGal
I am so happy that we could accomodate your needs. We know how difficult it can be to find accessible facilities when they are needed. We look forward to being able to assist you in the future.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

It's in the parking of the Hudson Mall, so if you don't have nothing to do in the evening, now you know!
Staff is nice and friendly. Buffet breakfast is diversified with fruits, yogurt, bread, oatmeal, cereals and if you prefer, there is the full breakfast option with eggs, bacon, etc. You have to pay for it, not included in the price of the room, the price is very decent, so not a problem.
We were given a handicapped room so it was roomy.
The bed is too soft for my liking and if you are 2 in the bed, expect it to be moving with every move of your partner! And I mean, every twitching of the toe!
The shower liner had mold stains, that, I really did not like... Dusting cold be done better also.
But I would consider going back.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you experienced any issues. I will address them immediately and appreciate you bringing them to my attention. We look forward to seeing you again.
grand rapids, michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel was newer looking, very clean. The pool was nice, but hot tub was only 100 degrees...not very warm. There's no breakfast included but can be bought for $8.95 per person. Coffee is free in lobby, but there is a coffee maker in room but only enough for 1 cup. There's a mini fridge but no microwave. Beds are comfy. Location is good across Hudson river from rhinebeck and mansions, near newer shopping areas, away from depressed downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Hampton Inn Kingston
Diamond Mills Hotel
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties
4.0 of 5 stars 136 reviews

Been to Courtyard Kingston? Share your experiences!