“We love Ship to Shore”

Ranked #5 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I ate here last week and had a perfect meal, from start to finish. Our server was friendly and attentive, and they have a nice wine list, but the food is the real highlight here. From the fresh beet and goat cheese salad, down to the mile high banana cream pie, Ship to Shore has a creative, varied menu and never disappoints with perfectly prepared, outstanding food, My favorite restaurant in Kingston!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner in this charming restaurant across from the waterfront. Before dinner we enjoyed walking along the waterfront to look at all of the boats. We ate early and were able to get one of the tables in the front window which was a pleasant place to watch the admittedly limited action. Our waiter Brian was very knowledgeable about the menu which was helpful on our first visit. I enjoyed the meatball appetizer for my entree which I found was plenty for dinner. My friend had the macaroni and peas with the crab cake. She found the breading crust on the crab cake overwhelmed the crab but she loved the mac and peas. The serving size was more than she could eat but she was happy to take it home for another meal. This restaurant deserves its high rating on tripadvisor. When we're in Kingston again we'll definitely return.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Delicious meal, great service. Poor choices of beer. My husband enjoys craft beer from one of the many micro breweries all over the US. The beer choices here are from the 1990's. I am sure many other customers would appreciate a more interesting beer selection.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The restaurant has a great vibe. You walk in and the lights are soft, candles, dark wood bar. Not showy. All staff that worked there provided a friendly greeting.

Nice drink specials like house made raspberry infused vodka cosmo. Mmmm. We ordered the calamari to share, it was done perfectly. I had the Ship to Shore noodle bowl and it was truly amazing. Big portion and I forced myself to eat most of it because it was unlike anything I ever ate before - it was that tasty. Nice, snappy, grilled shrimp, a few dumplings, noodles and the broth had a bit of umami that made it sing.

Our waiter was so attentive and helpful and also friendly. We will go back again when we are in town.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Ship to Shore is one of my absolute favorites in the Hudson Valley. The food is always excellent and prepared exactly as you request. There are always interesting specials. The service is always excellent and the wait staff is very knowledgable. The steaks and seafood dishes are especially good. The kitchen will try to meet any special requests you may have.

1  Thank Wesley D