“Rude Service”

Armadillo Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern Mexican featuring both traditional and innovative Fresh, made on premise food (even the chips and salsas). Grilled seafood and fajita steaks plus shrimp stuffed jalapenos are specialties. Burritos are filled with flavorful ingredients. A good selection of both Vegetarian and Vegan items available plus gluten free options. Over 30 years of serving great food and margaritas. We are small, friendly and delicious. Outdoor bluestone awning covered flower filled patio is seasonal and dog friendly.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Made reservations for a party of 10, only two showed up on time and the owner would not seat us - come to find out you can only be seated if you are on time and with all people in your party present. Personally I would think you would have wanted us to sit, have a few drinks and order appetizers, but not the case. It was a busy night with many people waiting - even though there were open tables (which I thought was odd - I was about ready to seat the couple next to us at a 4 top that was open for over 1/2 hour myself...) I personally watched the owner turn down business telling people "not tonight". We finally convinced the owner to seat us, they had an outside area with some tables - on the way outside we passed 4 unused heat lamps, which we asked if they could turn on for us because it was cold outside. Their response was "we don't have heatlamps". We finally complained enough that it was freezing outside and were moved inside with much additude from the owner and the staff. Food was good, but will not be back - do not understand how people can be so rude and still get such business.

2  Thank ginagina2424

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The place is tucked away on a quaint street (currently under repair). It's got a nice southwestern atmosphere with pleasant waitresses.
The chips and sauces ( salsa and possibly guacomole) were not fresh and fair to poor. I ordered the nachos which had Avacado that had turned black and nothing fresh except maybe onion. The refried beans were salty and probably from a can.
I have heard only good things about this restaurant and it was packed for a Sunday lunch. Too bad I didn't get to enjoy it.

1  Thank Hrvnyc
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I went on a Thursday evening with a party involving 2 tricky food allergies (mangoes & shellfish) and a very picky eater. After trying several of the perfectly made margaritas we were delighted with the food! Everything was delicious, the staff was attentive & made you feel right at home. Also our waiter made a point of accommodating our food allergies. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Have visited this restaurant on two occassions while in Kingston visiting family and on both occassions had a fabulous meal and Strawberry Margueritas!!! The athmosphere is lively and the owner Meryl is lovely and very welcoming. I would definately recommend

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Terrible service. I have never experienced anything like it. We sat at table in bar area and ordered drinks. We asked to see dessert menu because we weren't sure if we wanted to order appetizers or just dessert. The waitress rolled her eyes, gave us the nastiest look and said in an incredibly rude manner "you are just ordering dessert?!" We replied "yeah probably" and she yanked the menu from two of our hands and stormed off. The hostess (possibly owner or manager-I have no clue) came over and was just as rude in telling us we were not allowed to order just dessert. I asked how we would have known about this "policy" (it's not posted anywhere) and she replied that she would "allow" us to get dessert because "I know I can get that out quick and get YOU out quick." We were in shock that we were told we were unwanted there because we weren't ordering fifty courses. We should have left then, because the rudeness continued. We had the rudest waitress and the hostess kept hawking over us, watching us eat. At one point, she came over and told my friend not to feed her child their tortilla chips! It was so insulting and we felt harassed the entire time. It was shocking. I'd like to note here that there were two empty tables right near us that were empty entire time we were there, so we certainly didn't make them lose money. It's unfortunate because we weren't planning on staying too long anyways, we had limited time, which is why we were ordering something small and they would have made more money on drinks (which is where most restaurants make their money anyways). I think the "policy" is stupid, but if they had been nice about it, I would have just ordered food so we could have talked instead of shoveling food and drinks down so we could get out in less than 40 min. I will NEVER return.

6  Thank 977melissas