“not again”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

we have been going here for years, classic Italian, great bread and pizza. but went there with out of towners and the service was non existent, My chicken Parm was horrible and I actually have to have the other 4 people in my party get up and walk out so they would bring me the check,.... NEVER AGAIN.

1  Thank dave z

Reviewed February 22, 2012

JUST GO HERE. PIZZA and ITALIAN food with just a hint of middle eastern influence. Fantastic! Really. I love this place. They make a gluten free pizza ( I hate gluten free but my wife swings that way) that saves the day when you've got my wife in your dining group.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

La Florentina is so good that we bragged about it to our Villa in Tuscany! For some 7 years we arrive at La Florentina with the full intention of ordering something different. We however can NOT delay the gratification of our favorites, the Mauceri and Amatriciana Pizza. The Mauceri is an absolutely beautiful stuffed pizza; stuffed with spinach, ricotta, red cabbage in the center creamed with porcini mushroom sauce. The Amatriciana is a thin crust pizza topped with peas, fresh tomato, red cabbage, onion and a light porcini mushroom sauce. House wines and the 'puffy' bread make the perfect gourmet dinner.

1  Thank pamchowder
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This place is kind of a hidden gem in an off-beat type plaza, but once you walk in, its actually pretty jazzy and nice. one reviewer said wouldn't be a good place for a date, I would have to disagree. the place is quite lovely and the atmosphere has that quaint tuscan glow and atmosphere. however what really makes it special is the food! I would have to say this is one of the best places if not the best Italiano ristorante' in Kingston. My eggplant parm was exquisite and delicious. I get it every time and this restuarant has become my italian staple. For italian lovers in Kingston, also try Frank Guido's Little Italy. The eggplant parm is usually a good universal testament to the rest of their dishes. So I'm assuming it's all quite good. It's layered perfectly w/ their infamous sauce and parm. The eggplant tasted fresh and well-cooked. It all melted in my mouth and was very tender w/ the right amount of crispy consistency. The sauce is superb, chunky marinara with a little kick to it. My date got the Alfredo which was also pretty tasty, not to too heavy or light. If you getting a side of pasta, I recommend the penne over their default noodles as they are a little on the poor-man side, like ramen with spaghetti sauce. The entrees however are killer, just get the penne' on the side and you are in for a treat! The bread that comes with your entree is the best thing going for them, seems to be topped with a little garlic, oregano and olive oil and baked in their brick-oven. And per It's like carb heaven. It's basically just a puffed up crust coated the goodness fore-mentioned. It's yummy and blissful. I highly recommend dipping it olive oil and having it w/ fresh mozz and tomatoes.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

The food here was always great- yummy bread that is homemade! It is a great lunch spot, but not so great for a romantic dinner.