“Bad gyro's”

Opa!
Ranked #25 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Sorry to say but this place is terrible, first off the gyro's were in edible with not one hair in it but three! For a greek run place i dont know whats going on here. Will not return.

1  Thank MDP601

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The first time I went to Opa, it was just after they opened. All I got was a savory crepe: feta cheese, walnuts and honey. I loved it! I have no idea why it took me until last night to go back, but I'm glad I went last night. The spanokopita was heavenly, the side salad completely crispy and fresh, perfectly tangy dressing, and nice sized (read: just enough) portions.
We also sampled the stuffed grape leaves and Greek fries (tossed in feta cheese, lemon juice and oregano), and loved those as well. Everything was delicious!
Service was wonderful. We were surprised to be the only ones eating on a Saturday night; hope business is going well because Opa is an excellent restaurant in Uptown Kingston.

2  Thank Christy M
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hidden gem in Uptown Kingston. Had the Pork Souvlaki platter with Greek salad, pita and rice pilaf. Good value and delicious food! Next time - hummus and falafel!

1  Thank HungrySeaOtter
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A little bit of Greece is all it took to win the hearts and stomachs of our group today. We all had the gyro sandwiches and I enjoyed the tzatziki spread which was freshly prepared. The spanakopita was full of gooey feta, can't ever go wrong with gooey feta! The frappe was a refreshing treat and the music set the mood perfectly. Will be sure to stop for more when in the area.

1  Thank SamMarti234
Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of my coworkers is a foodie and he took me to Opa for lunch. The food is excellent and the service friendly and fast. It is also freshly made on premise I had a plate with a bit of everything for $12 that was huge and well worth the price. Everything I ate was great and the prices are user friendly.The decoration is non-existent but the outside seating is a big plus weather permitting, but the again, this is not a fancy place, just a good place to eat good , authentic Greek food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank AJS-NY