“Very welcoming Sushi and Hibachi Bistro”

Kodomo Asian Bistro
Ranked #53 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Grafton
“Very welcoming Sushi and Hibachi Bistro”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We opted for the quieter dining side of this place. Please note the new location in the Kings Mall. We were overwhelmed by the warm and friendly service. The food was good, with a reasonably priced and interesting menu. We tried one of their veggie sushi creations, which was quite nice. Great spot!

Visited June 2014

Kingston, NY
“Great Food and friendly service”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Kodomo is near my office in Albany avenue so I gravitate there quite often for lunch. The food is savory, fresh, well prepared and colorful. Most Japanese restaurants tend to be pricey but this one is not. A bento box which you can order with a number of options is only $10 and it includes a miso soup and enough food never to leave you hungry; of course, you could spend a lot more since the ingredients tend to be expensive to begin with and they do offer a wide variety of dishes in the menu. I like their tempura, sushi pizza and the dynamite roll; actually, all rolls are excellent. Kodomo is one of my favorite places to eat in Kingston.

• Visited May 2014
Woodstock, New York
“Ok But Nothing Special, Not worth the Price”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stopped in around 4pm for dinner. The cook was lying down sleeping on one of the benches but quickly got up when we walkied in (hoping he had a good rest so he was prepared to cook our dinner). Nice but pricey menu. Both my wife & I had the Hibachi dinners. We had the Sea Bass and the Shrimp. For the Sea Bass at $25 we were expecting a fish. Instead we got a filet that looked like it just came out of Sam's Club freezer section with some tasteless gooky red sauce spread on top. I had the Shrimp $23, nice size serving but also tastless. The Fried rice looked pretty but again, also tasteless. We had 2 dinners and 1 glass of wine and walked out dissapointed with a $69 bill for very tastless food..When we got home we found that they had squshed our take home food all into one very small container, fish rice, veggies noodles. Well, it wasn't worth taking it home anyway. Bottom Line, the food was tasteless, service was a bit slow, all is way over priced. Save some money and go somewhere else.

• Visited May 2014
Saugerties, New York
“authentic wonder”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This place is wonderful, it has flair of clean fresh food. Beautifully made sushi, great dishes and wonderful drinks. We love the atmosphere and are always pleased when we eat there. It's nice because, I'm not a sushi fan, my husband is, and I can always find something I like to eat. Their hibachi up in the old Kings mall is a great place to go with a group of friends.

• Visited February 2014
Catskill Mts.
“You are in for a real treat!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have only been here once but I cannot wait to go back and try so much more off their menu! My husband and I just wanted to go out for sushi and sashimi for a reasonable price. A friend of mine suggested Kodomo so we went to check it out. King's Mall in Kingston is not someplace that I would expect a fantastic restaurant at to be honest, but I was in for a real treat! My husband ordered 3 spicy/crunchy rolls ($16) and I ordered 19 pc. chef choice sashimi ($20!!), they both came with miso soup, salad w/ ginger dressing and tea. We shared each other's dishes and they were both awesome. Mine came out in a giant bowl with a martini glass on top of it all beautifully decorated with the meal to enjoy! I would highly recommend it and I truly can't wait to go back and check out the hibachi area.

• Visited February 2014