“All Around Good Place to Eat”

Kodomo Asian Bistro
Ranked #53 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I went here with friends for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The menu is well-presented and diverse with plenty to choose from. The food is delicious and well-priced and the staff is very friendly. I definitely recommend this restaurant and plan on heading back soon.

There are newer reviews for Kodomo Asian Bistro

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I dined here with my business partner yesterday, after she gave it rave reviews. She was correct. Situated on Albany Avenue in a modest stand alone building, you might miss it if you drive too fast. Missing it would be a mistake. The setting is modern Japanese and the menu ranges from sushi, to Thai to unique fusion dishes. I started with Tom Kha Gai (Chicken with lime leaves and coconut milk) Soup. I confessed to my partner that I could probably eat a gallon of this stuff while watching a movie.... it was that good. Each spoonful renewed the slightly creamy/lemony coconut taste and it appeared that the chicken was steamed. Excellent is a tame description. I decided on a Bento box, which consisted of an appetizer, entree, rice and salad. All of the items were fresh and tremendously well prepared. There are six appetizers and seven entrees to choose from. I was not disappointed with the Pork Gyoza and Thai Red Shrimp Curry(mildly spicy and very tolerable). The salad was crisp and cold. It had a modest tablespoon of dressing that was of a citrus orange flavor, but surprisingly looked a lot like hot mustard. Another pleasant surprise for the palette that prefers milder food. The waitress was clad in the standard black pants/black vest/white shirt uniform (and extremely well mannered), but the hostess was in a more traditional garb, which all blended well with the atmosphere. The best surprise was the $22.00 bill for both my partner's and my lunch, which inclued soft drinks, appetizers, and main course. I have experienced this level of value in places such as Deising's (of which I have no complaint). But for an unusual and different experience, I wholly reccommend this establishment. I would give it six circles, if the rating was available.