“Most beautiful and delicious cake”

Stone Soup Food Company
Ranked #90 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: Please list this place. Food is terrific.
Description: Please list this place. Food is terrific.
Gardiner, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most beautiful and delicious cake”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stone Soup made a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting that was so beautiful and delicious it helped make my daughter's bat mitzvah even more special. With a few extra flowers from the florist, the cake matched the centerpiece and the leaves were made with white chocolate, so gorgeous! Delivered and set up so beautifully -- highly recommend for cakes and the restaurant in Kingston is the best for lunch and dinner. Great home cooked, wholesome food!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LAG1955

“Stone Soup is awesome!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food. My only complaint is that the don't have a high chair. I can't go there to eat with my two year old. Other then that it's perfect.

2 Thank CaitTheGreat24
Slingerlands, New York
“Wonderful homemade food, great variety, friendly service.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

This was a great place for lunch. I was meeting someone for lunch, Kingston was in the middle between us. I picked this place because of the review on trip advisor.

It is very easy to miss, tucked in on Broadway. There about 10 tables, very comfortable. You order at the counter, and the food is delivered to your table. The menu has a tremendous variety, all homemade, and many healthy and vegetarian items. Nothing fancy here, just good wholesome food for lunch.

I had a cup of veggie chili and meat chili was available as well. I followed that with a hummus wrap, which had many vegetables, and two grape leaves on the side. My dining partner had a cup of seafood bisque which looked wonderful and a Reuben sandwich ditto.

This is a great little place for lunch and I would certainly go somewhat out of my way to get there. The service was great, very friendly.

1 Thank Rhapsodyinblue
Asheville, North Carolina
“Awesome healthy comfort food”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stumbled on Stone Soup recently by accident, and I am soooo glad I did. It is a little hole-in-the-wall place on Broadway, a few blocks from Kingston hospital. They have a small menu of healthy/whole-foods type dishes, and it seems like they probably do more take out business than eat-in. (We were there at dinner time, and we were the only ones eating in. Several people came and went with take out.). The proprietor/cook was super friendly, and poked her head out of the kitchen to answer questions. The menu is mix-and-match, allowing you to choose what kind of rice/grain you want with the 'main course.' I had the Mexican Chicken dish -- a grilled chicken breast over yummy long-grain brown rice, topped with fresh avocado, tomato sauce and cheese, then put under the grill. It was served with a side of homemade salsa and cornbread with jalapenos. Everything was simple, fresh, delicious,and inexpensive. I wish I could give this place 6 stars. The best meal I've had in a while.

• Visited June 2012