“Calimare chips? $3 for 10oz of non-refillable soda”

Dermot Mahoney’s Irish Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #115 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This evening my fiancé a friend and I went to dermots for dinner. What we got was less than satisfactory. our appitizer of calamari was so burnt it broke up like potato chips. Our waitress was nice and was tried hard to make our experience a good one, however by the time our entrees arrived all hope was lost. The sheppards pie was burnt and greasy . the soda bread was lack luster. I would go back for the atmosphere but certainly never to eat again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Traveled from Albany NY to shop at Woodbridge outlets and stopped at this pub to use a Restaurant.com coupon we had. Well, apparently there is an issue between them and Restaurant.com and we unfortuately were in the middle of it. So they would not let us use our certificate because of the dispute with Restaurant.com - okay I get that. NO problem. But after explaining that I had checked on the Rest.com website and they are listed there, we had traveled from 45 minutes away, had been shopping south of there and were tired and cold...and asked if there was anything they could do for us....the manager on duty - MAYBE 20 years old - said in a very pleasant way ....."no I am sorry we can't do anything sorry". I continued to try to appeal to her and explain that there was surely something she could do but ......nothing. Now there was one man at the bar , one couple having dinner, and the "manager" had been relaxing at the bar with her feet up on a stool when we walked in.
The four of us got up and left ...found one place open and had dinner there - Mexican place right near by - very good and FRIENDLY. Had the manager apologized and at least offered us a free round of drinks....a complimentary dessert.....anything....we may have stayed and I wouldn't have written this. But she didn't and she didn't seemed fazed at all that we left...went right back to her place at the bar. So I can;t review the food but I can review an terrible experience.

1  Thank Panagota
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Went there for a dinner and for irish food was so so, tried the Sheppard pie, not the best ive had just ok, but then again Irish don't have to much in the way of foods. Prices ok and the dinning area could use a makeover.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have tried Dermot Mahoney's on several occassions for pint and a sandwich/salad.On both occassions the pint was fine but the food was unedible.The "irish breakfast" was heavily salted and the eggs were not cooked as ordered twice.The fries were limp,"old",and the sandwich bread was stale as well.I believe a supervisor is needed or a cook that cares about the quality served.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

One of my wife's friends wanted to take us out to lunch to thank us for several things we had helped him out with. Since he has a tight budget, he wanted to try Dermot Mahoneys on the Strand in Kingston. He had heard me describe their lunch specials before, and the outside seating had made it a place he had wanted to try.
The restaurant did not disappoint. My wife and I both had the spciy chicken sandwich, which comes in a tasty chipotle sauce. Her friend had the Bar-B-Que chicken sandwich, and he was more than pleased. Both dishes came with their seasoned crispy fries, which you cannot stop eating.

The only bad part of the visit was due to the city itself. After we had finished our meal, our friend wanted to use the restroom inside. I helped him in through the doorway with his walker, and returned outside to add another quarter to the meter (which I had fed when we arrived).
Somehow, in those one or two minutes, they ticketed my car.

It put a true damper on an otherwise excellent lunch.