“What a shame”

Ranked #34 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Have gone to Yum Yum at least a dozen times since it opened in Kingston. Was initially thrilled to find very good Asian fusion (relative to what's available in the area) at very fair prices in nice surroundings. HOWEVER, the consistency of what came out of their kitchen quickly became entirely unpredictable, and their service (not that I usually care about service) has recently reached the abysmal, verging on rude and "we don't give a damn", to the point that my family and I are not sure we'll bother trying again. A pity.

1  Thank discriminator

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can live on curry broth! Great atmosphere, great specials, and great service :) the steamed veggies are really great. They offer a variety of choices and have a great amount of food for those who are vegetarian or gluten free. Overall one of the most affordable great places to eat in Woodstock.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I happened into this little place during a recent trip north. I was hoping for a decent lunch, and found much more. The place was simple, casual, clean, and the service immediately welcoming and very helpful. I chose a noodle bowl, and was delighted to find it teeming with fresh and very flavorful vegetables in a wonderful coconut/curry broth (there are other great choices if this doesn't appeal to you). The portion was substantial, and I went on my way having had one of th best lunches I'd experienced in a long while. If you're on the NY Thruway, it's worth taking the exit to find this little gem.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been a semi-regular at YYNB since they opened and I can say that the meals are always thoughtfully prepared and priced very reasonably. The steamed pork belly bun appetizer is worth the drive no matter how far you live! The kale salad with almonds is seasoned and dressed perfectly.

I found myself ordering the same thing over and over again - the ramen with the pork - but then expanded my horizons by going with the coconut curry with seitan. Now, it's all that I crave!

The music is fun and hip. This place is always bustling and the servers seem happy to keep up with the pace of the room. The thai coffee is terrific and what I usually get for dessert. I even bring my kids along (ages 6 + 2) and they love the special kids' meals. Again, the owners think of everything - from the kid-friendly silverware to the well-composed meal - noodles, chicken and even fruits + veggies that kids actually like!

I only wish that I could live close enough to go from a semi-regular to a once-a-day'er!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food left a metallic taste in my mouth and I felt slightly ill for the rest of the day. Expensive for noodles in a watery broth.

2  Thank Chris H