“Is there one closer to home?”
Review of Yum Yum Noodle Bar

Yum Yum Noodle Bar
Ranked #27 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Babylon, New York
“Is there one closer to home?”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Spent a few days up in Kingston and after a busy day- and quick internet search, I found Yum Yum noodle bar! Gorgeous modern building in the middle of downtown. I ended up eating outside because of the mild weather. After looking inside, not sure if I'm the-sit at a family style table with strangers type. But that was probably because I was starving and not in the mood to be chatty.

Waitress was friendly and attentive-even though we were the only table outside. Had the bill brought to me on a smartphone and was asked if I needed a printed receipt (how green!).

A lot of people going in. Clearly a popular place (and this was a Monday night!)

Food: i had a bento box. $10 for a salad, dumplings, shrimp and bok choy and a cold noodle salad. Delicious! Hubby had their famous noodle bowl- pork with pork/chicken broth and ramen noodles. Tried it- amazing! And for him to rave about it....yea it was good.

Hoping I can find a place near me this yummy...

Ulster Park, New York
“Expensive”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Ten bucks for a cup of seasoned rice, three strips of tofu and a few asparagus spears? While it was tasty I'll think twice about spending that much money again.

Visited August 2012
new york
“Yuck”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Didn't like anything about this place from the waitress to the food .....

Visited May 2012
1 Thank ignatz421
Bovina Center, New York
“Can we have our $ back??? (I mean it)”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I'm sorry Yum Yum owners. You need to have a chat with your young cook.
I've been eager to try your ramen for a couple of months and we finally made it yesterday. Maybe it's better in Woodstock but we had a dreadful experience. And I mean really dreadful. If it hadn't been for your sweet servers, we would have refused to pay but I just didn't feel like the explanation. My coconut/curry soup came with noodles that were the consistency of sticky dough. When I first tasted them I couldn't believe you would serve noodles like that. I tried again, I was so hungry, then had my husband try. He said they weren't even cooked, they were raw dough. We called the waitress over who took the dish away promising to be back with another in just a couple of minutes. She came back to add the cook had told her "Oh yeah, the water wasn't hot enough when I put them in". Excuse me? Then why did he send the dish out? Hoping I was an idiot who never tasted ramen noodles? After 15 minutes she brought me back another soup. Guess what your cook did this time? He put the tofu, which was hot & delicious in the first bowl, he put the tofu that had a couple bites out of it back in my new soup & it was ice cold, mushy and cooled down this soup. He didn't add any vegetables, like he figured I had eaten them already in the other soup. The broth was weak, it was horrible. We cannot imagine a cook putting back half eaten food in a new dish being sent out. What is that? We feel out for our $33 so if you want to make it up, feel free. Your dumplings are good. Broth needs to be stronger.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Victoria C
Mount tremper
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another great place”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

These people keep amazing me. Just found out they have build another noodle bar and this time they serve cocktails.
Went here last week with friends and had a blast! The place looks amazing and serves an excellent Thai martini, Yummy!

Keep going guys.