“Exquisite Tapas Bar”

Ranked #43 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Elephant is a great little place in uptown Kingston. The mini dish Spanish Tapas food is delicious and will remain in your mind for a long time. Rich, complex flavors. We shared the pork tacos and Patatas Brava. Both excellent. My only disapointment is not to be able to get a real cocktail as they only serve wine and beer. Though they did make a nice Prosecco with fruit syrup, so that's as close to a cocktail as you can get there.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

A wonderful find for my partner and I in the uptown part of Kingston in search of a simple good meal.
This place (we were unaware of it's good reputation) exceeded our expectations.

The tapas menu is imaginative and what was served was very good - on par with our favorite tapas bar El Mio Cid in Brooklyn, NY. - polite but not overly solicitous.

In terms of quality of food and service this restaurant belongs to the top 5% in this low budget traveler's universe.

1  Thank perennialtravel
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had heard great things about this restaurant so our expectations were high. It did not disappoint. The owner was gracious and friendly, the food extraordinary. We had the tacos which had so many flavors that you could actually distinguish and worked together. Also the liver with port macerated prunes, hummus and sliders. Everything was amazing. Truly the best food we have found west of the Hudson river.

1  Thank olivia056
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Wow! What a gem. This place has me driving long distances just to eat here. Very creative and adventurous menu. The wine list needs improving and the woman hostess can be a little cold; but she warms up when you spend lots of $$
Very simple decor so the food really shines.
Only thing is the music selection here is trying; very hard acid metal rock playing when I am try to enjoy my lamborgeusa is no bueno.
But the food is so good I put up with it.

1  Thank nyctvlr75
Reviewed November 4, 2011

The food was incredible. I had the best single dish at this tapas bar for my entire year, brussels sprouts with caramelized onions and manchego. ate her my first night, and got good recommendations from the locals the next table over. If you're in Kingston, EAT HERE.