“Worth another trip sometime.”
Review of Rolling Rock Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rolling Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My parents live in the Kingston area, and it was my dad's birthday. He requested that we take him to the Rolling Rock for lunch as my parents stop in occasionally. I don't know if this location has affiliation to the original Rolling Rock cafe that years ago (late 80's early 90's) used to exist across the Hudson River, in front of the Duchess County Fairgrounds parking lot, but that restaurant was outstanding in its day. This Rolling Rock venue was average. The food was typical American pub fare. Nothing outstanding, but still not bad. It was average. Taste was okay. Portions were very large, prices were quite inexpensive (esp. when compared to similar restaurants in my southern New England area.). We enjoyed the huge heaping plate of Nachos, our sandwiches including Burgers and Panini's. We would have attempted dessert as the menu liked inviting, but we were stuffed from the appetizer and entrees. Service was good. If I'm in the area, I would go back to try again. Again, not fantastic, but not bad either. It's average and worth a visit. btw...this location shows up as Coyote Cafe (which was in this location prior) on my CC statement.

There are newer reviews for Rolling Rock Cafe

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My granddaughter ordered a steak dinner & I ordered house salad. We started with onion soup - warm not hot - almost all cheese/no soup. My salad was served immediately - after 30 minutes her steak arrived - one knife cut - almost raw and bleeding - spent 15 minutes trying to get someone's attention - then another 30 minutes waiting - second steak was little less raw but a far cry from well done. Decided to box food and hope hotel microwave would at least make it eatible. Another 15 minutes to get waitor - asked for boxes - he asked no questions about why our meals were untouched - I told him - he just looked at me and took our money - no apology or anything. Will not return and will advise others it's not the place to go.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We arrived at 6:16 pm, took 10 minutes just to get someone to come to the table to ask us about drinks. 45 minutes to get our food (pizza,chicken fingers,kids meal, steak fajitas). Once delivered our food never came back to check on us. Also brought all the food my son ordered a pizza waiter said he would bring him a plate, did not come back for 5 minutes, we had to ask the hostess. No one apologized, just kept making excuses. After all that the food was average at best. The waiter was clueless on how to do his job.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

The waiters are very attentive I believe the guy we had was Justin super nice and also into the sports (I was watching the Yankee Game) Food is pretty good all though I wasnt a fan of the mozzarella sticks everything else has been very good

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Great food, interesting menu, very nice staff. I try to visit this restaurant every time I come on business.