“Great food, great service, great location”
Review of Savona's Trattoria

Savona's Trattoria
Ranked #7 of 209 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Kingston, New York
“Great food, great service, great location”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're in Kingston, you must go to Savona's. The best italian food in the area, the river is right down the street & the area is so pretty. You can walk around either before or afterwards. The service is excellent & the menu is priced just right. two thumbs up.

Visited March 2014

Rosendale, New York
“bad lunch experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

After working on our respective boats in the AM, my buddy wanted to have lunch at Savona's so I gave it a try. I put a couple of quarters in the parking meter to give us plenty of time. 45 minutes later I added another quarter to the meter because we still hadn't received our lunch.

T'was a beautiful spring day so we sat outside. Another party of 3 at a nearby table were finishing up. Only 3, maybe 4 tables occupied inside by couples so the place was not busy. My buddy ordered clams with some sort of noodle and a Guinness. Not being particularly hungry, I ordered a salad and a gin gimlet. Big mistake! The first gimlet she brought tasted like simple syrup. The second, she said she ran out of fresh lime juice and had to use Rose's: it was even worse. The third, she thinned with something that gave it an odd color...I rejected it too and asked for a simple martini, which was borderline. After waiting about 40 minutes and watching someone pass near our table headed inside with a large bundle of greens under his arm, I checked the meter and added the quarter mentioned above. After waiting another 10 minutes or so I asked the manager if they were having trouble making a salad. Our "meal" arrived in less than a minute. I ate about half, my buddy enjoyed his clams.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank libinia
Kingston, United States
“Consistently good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food and service are consistently good. Location is wonderful. The historic Rondout neighborhood of Kingston is beautiful. Sit outside on the patio then take a walk by the waterfront.

• Visited April 2014
Hyde Park, New York
“A little dissapointed”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food was fresh. THey have outdoor tables. The menu had nice choices. We ordered a pizza and the onions and garlic was left off. THe waitress gave us a free Beer! I would try it again.

• Visited May 2014
New Paltz, New York
“Great food, friendly service, good location”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Savona's is one of our favorite restaurants. It is near the waterfront, has excellent food, and friendly and efficient service. They have outside seating in a side patio and in the front - very nice in the warm weather.

Visited April 2014