“Great Service, Wonderful food”
Review of Ecce Terra

Ecce Terra
Ranked #8 of 209 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the Heart of Historic Uptown Kingston, we offer casual dining using fresh local ingredients when available. Bar opens 3:30 PM Daily
New York City, New York
“Great Service, Wonderful food”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great service and wonderful food. Even though our hostess was serving solo (one waitress was sick and the other was giving birth) we got our food quickly and with a smile. I had the crabmeat salad wrap and pistachio ice cream.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank DavidTheaterCritic
Thank you. We hope to see you again soon. Bridget

Kingston, New York
“Great find!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Food and service are great. Staff is super friendly and the food is high quality and excellent. Great wine selection with a nice Greek red and tasty white Bordeaux.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank frank f
Bridget M, Owner at Ecce Terra, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you. The Augey White Bordeaux is my new favorite white wine!!
Putnam, Connecticut
“Great find”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Was visiting in the area and had this restaurant recommended to us. Great find. Great service and excellent food. Good value.

1 Thank Robert C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made to feel like family.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The food is excellent and they are very accommodating in making changes to the way an item is served. The house made pistachio ice cream is supreme.

1 Thank dianalou1102
Bridget M, Owner at Ecce Terra, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Our house made pistachio ice cream has become a staple at Ecce. Thank you.
Kingston, New York
“Too High Expectations? Or Just an Off Night?”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Table for six, special occasion. Champagne, please? No. Don't have any. Okay, what about Prosecco for a toast? Okay, but, uh, we ran out. Only have enough for 4 glasses. Okay, well, we'll split one. Hmmm. I'm a bit sleepy. How about a cup of coffee before the meal arrives? Oh, is that coffee? I thought it was week tea. Ick. Music? Pandora tuned to the Eagles and Billy Joel. Could you put something else a little more "upscale" on? How about some classical? This is a special occasion, after all. No. Geez, it's warm in here, could you turn on the a/c? Okay! 10 minutes later-- hmm, still too warm. How about that a/c? Oh, okay. Bread put on the table -- only 30 minutes after we arrived. Dip for bread-- way too garlicky. Meals? Pretty good. Nothing to rave about though, I'm sorry to say. Best part, maybe the best anywhere ever-- Pistachio ice cream. One of the most delicious things I have ever ever tasted. But all in all, a lackluster and disappointing experience.

2 Thank Elwin12
Bridget M, Owner at Ecce Terra, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Hi. Thank you for your recent review of Ecce. As the proud owner of Ecce, I deem it necessary to respond to your review. I personally logged your reservation for Friday, June 6th. I recall mention you would be accompanied by three music teachers, but no mention of a celebration or requesting champagne for a toast. Earlier in the evening I selected classical music for everyone's listening pleasure. However, I had a table dining at the very same time as you who complained about the music and wanted something a bit more modern. It's very difficult to satisfy everyone's listening pleasure. Upon your request for coffee, I immediately brewed a fresh pot. This is the first time I have heard of it being weak. I will investigate the flavor immediately. Most customers enjoy the brand of coffee we have selected to serve. NYS law requires all restaurants to order liquor, beer, wine etc. from certain distributors. The distributor I order our Prosecco from was out of stock for last week's delivery. Therefore, we were quite low on stock. if you had mentioned you were celebrating a special occasion during our conversation, I would have made certain you would be able to celebrate with a champagne toast. We reside in a very old building, therefore, the air conditioning does take a few moments to begin working. We had a request to turn the air off... again... not able to please everyone. During the winter, the heat takes a while to rumble up also!! The haloumi cheese ordered for your table's appetizer is accompanied with pita bread. In that event, we serve the bread with the salad course. Your selection of our special appetizer (very popular and requested by several customers) is served over our garlic crostini. Our bread is delivered daily to insure freshness. With everyone being so "carb" conscious these days, we try not to overload on bread serving. Our dinners are each prepared to order and all ingredients are fresh the day of service. Most customers rave about our recipes, again, not able to please everyone but I certainly do try. We were not having an off night.. Just a typical evening for us to insure everyone is enjoying their dining experience. We were awarded the 2014 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, an award I'm very proud of, have worked hard to earn and maintain.