“Awesome dinner and atmosphere!!”
Review of Ecce Terra

Ecce Terra
Ranked #14 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Heart of Historic Uptown Kingston, we offer casual dining using fresh local ingredients when available. Bar opens 3:30 PM Daily
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Thank you to the chef and staff at Ecce Terra! The food, the service & the atmosphere were great! I travel for my job and try to find "local" venues for food and fun. I definatly found that at Ecce Terra. There were some great specials, but I tried the grilled Haloumi and the Braised Pork! The best I ever had!!! If you are in Kingston, stop by this place! You will be welcomed by the owner and served by a staff that truly cares!

2  Thank rfmc68

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Based on the reviews here we gave Ecce Terra a try and had high expectations. The food was good, but not outstanding. The bread was plain, not exceptional. The calamari appetizer was unremarkable and a little bland. We had chicken marsala and chicken kalamata...both were good, but neither was outstanding. The service was good though.

But by far the worst thing was the atmosphere. The bar crowd was so loud it was almost painful. At time they were yelling and foul mouthed. Not a nice experience at all. The bar crowd appeared to be regulars.

2  Thank tsltrek
Bridget M, Owner at Ecce Terra, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

HI. I own Ecce Terra in Kingston NY. thank you for your recent review of Ecce. I have sent two other messages so this may be redundant, but I wanted to reach out to you. I have located your dinner check with my paperwork for Friday, March 15, 2013 and would like to reimburse you for your unpleasant experience. I wish you had brought these matters to my attention while you were there so I could address the matters at that time. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss reimbursement to your Visa account. Thank you again. You may reach me at 845-706-8463.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Felt like a 5 star restaurant in every aspect. Sevice was attentive from the moment we arrive, until we finished. We had a superb dinner. Food was to die for and presented beautifully , and cost was very reasonable . No room for desserts .

1  Thank LoriJose
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The atmosphere was wonderful. The service was terrific and the food was fabulous. Will definitely be going back. Mandy Chlud- Kelder

2  Thank mkelder
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Some friends and I recently attended the wonderful Kingston Jazz Festival and were surprised to find no food kiosks. In this oldest of historic neighborhoods, there were plenty of bistro and bakery take-out places, and their food looked good enough. However, we wanted more a sit-down option, and admittedly, we wanted wine! We found all that and more a block from the festival at the Ecce Terra Mediterranean Taverna.
Our waitress was extremely helpful and suggested we try a white wine from the Pelopenese that was so new to the restaurant, they had not even had time to add it to the wine list. So far, so good.....the wine was crisp, citrusy, delicious, and big enough to have with food. We went through the first bottle before the appetizers arrived, then ordered a second.
The menu was as Greek as it gets, and we ordered all the recommendations of our wonderful waitress. She never steered us wrong, and thanks to her, I had, what may have been, the best grilled octopus of my life......even better than I had in Greece! If you go to this restaurant (and you should), don't pass up the octopus! We all went with the specials for our entrees, and all 4 of them were delicious. The pastas were homemade and as scrumptious as it gets.
Only 2 regrets about our experience at Ecce Terra: 1.) no room for baklava, 2.) difficulty in figuring out the restaurant name, type of cuisine, and if it was open or closed. We are so glad we opened the door and popped our heads in to check it out. We'll definitely be back!

1  Thank beberebozo