“Good food, perfect location”
Review of Boitson's

Boitson's
Reserve with OpenTable
Boitson's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 209 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wall Street
Transit: Boitson's is located just up the street from the Adirondack Trailways bus terminal. We are about 15 minutes from the Rhinecliff Amtrak train station and 2 miles from the Rondout Waterfront Marina.
New York City, New York
“Good food, perfect location”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

By now, I think I have pretty much had everything on the menu. I have no complaints, the food is very good and always cooked right. The service is good and the drinks are unique and tasty! Perfect for any occasion.

• Visited June 2013

Marshall, North Carolina
“Great Food!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had the Boitson Burger and loved it! The salmon tartar was also delectable. To top it all off we had a great view of A Chorus Line on the big screen :)

Visited August 2013
New York
“Interesting”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

When I was eating here, this was listed number one. How low it dropped!

Anyway, food was tasteless. I ordered fried chicken and it was so bland. I can taste the freshness, but there is no flavor. I'm thinking KFC is better.

Service is a bit snooty and unfriendly.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“A great find in Ulster County”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was our second time there. This time we brought friends, and they loved it too! Innovative and tasty dishes. The food was great. I had the duck entree which was perfectly cooked, and delicious. The liver slider appetizer was something different with great flavor. It was a lively and comfortable atmosphere. We are picky New Yorkers, and were not disappointed! I highly recommend. Only one suggestion is to increase the lighting bit. We had a hard time seeing our delicious food!

• Visited March 2013
“Good Bar & Restaurant,”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Arriving early we sat at bar and enjoyed drinks. I tried a local NY beer and will be looking for more 2XIPA from Southern Tier Brewing Co - the best bottled IPA I have tasted in the USA, well balanced, not overwhelming in hops and great sipping beer.
Once seated in what is a really small restaurant, with a kitchen on open view (excellent as it shows organization and transparency to customers), we ordered dinner. I selected moules and frites, which were excellent, all open, plenty of them with a really great sauce base (best dish for us that night). My wife had a salad, generous size that was a little too much lettuce but still enjoyed the fruit and citric dressing.
Her steak was a bit tough and let down the dinner experience but I selected the red snapper which appeared as small grilled fillets of fish on a pea pod and pea puree (great combo of fresh mint flavors). Excellent fish and the house sauvingnon blanc well matched. (white wine oddly served in sort of large shot glass was weird and my preferred use of a stem glass would keep it cooler).
The desserts of creme brule and chocolate ice creme were a bit of a let down, creme brule was cold and obviously prepared earlier in day, a bit bland, ice cream lacked a strong chocolate flavor and was insipid. Good filter coffee. Reasonable prices for a really interesting menu and a good bar.

They need to update or remove their web site menu specials, they are out of date.

• Visited March 2013