“Good find”
Review of Boitson's

Boitson's
Reserve with OpenTable
Boitson's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wall Street
Transit: Boitson's is located just up the street from the Adirondack Trailways bus terminal. We are about 15 minutes from the Rhinecliff Amtrak train station and 2 miles from the Rondout Waterfront Marina.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We discovered this place through an ad in a magazine. Very pleasantly surprised! Cool bar and interesting twists on the menu. We started with fresh oysters on the 1/2 shell, very good. Grilled figs with goat cheese, nice. Accompanied by bacon brittle, which was a strange pairing, but tasty on it's own. Ribs came with a different and interesting sauce. Fried chicken good, but needs seasoning. Will go back with friends.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

What a pleasure it is to have an adult, foodie place in uptown Kingston - not fast food, not ethnic, just well made quality ingredients, friendly service and a fun vibe. Not inexpensive but not OTT - a great place to hang out in Maria's eaterie. One of the best in the mid-Hudson Valley.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Had dinner there for the first time and enjoyed the meal...was asked as we entered if we would like to sit outside and was happy that we did...the waitress was impressive in her knowledge..described the various oysters avaliable, and was asked about a pork dish and was thorough in her description....my wife and I had the lobster dinner...steamed lobster (my favorite way) with and ear of corn that was a good as it should be at this time of the year...the potatoes that came with the meal were outstanding....the prime rib special my friend had was huge and for a very reasonable price....I forgot what the pork dish his wife had was called, but she enjoyed it....all in all, a restaurant worthy of your patronage

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've been to Boitson's 3 times now and the food is consistently excellent. The restaurant is very small, but comfortable. The look and feel reminds me of a trendy Manhattan restaurant and it's great for impressing friends or a date. The staff never once said that they had outdoor (back patio) seating, but I discovered it (on my first visit) on a trip to the bathroom. Im glad I did because it's the best seating in the house! They have an outdoor bar they just put there as well with lounge like furniture etc. Overall, this trendy spot gets a big thumbs up.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The only good thing about this restaurant was the waiter. Friendly service, good atmosphere, great outside deck, terrible food. My husband ordered the much talked about fried chicken. Absolutely no flavor. It was the type of crust that falls apart as you eat it and not in a good way. The white meat wasn't dry at least but what a disappointment. I had a red beet and Swiss chard hash. Nothing more than some sautéed vegetables with little flavor. My stomach was not feeling well so the blandness of the dish was okay for me. Caprese salad special was just ok. I think the reason they do well is that they offer vegan and gluten free dishes. The neighborhood it was in was cute but go elsewhere to eat.