“Made us feel unwelcomed!”

Frank Guido's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
Frank Guido's Little Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 211 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have eaten here many times. Called Saturday to make reservation for Sunday for dinner before a UPAC show. Gentleman who answered (was it the owner?) asked what time. I said about 5:15. He then asked, "Are you going to the show?" I said yes. He then asked how many in my party. I said "two." "I'm sorry. We are all booked." I was dumbfounded. I asked if we would have been taken if we were a party of six! He said no, they were booked. "So why did you ask how many in my party?" "I was curious" was his answer!
How rude and how obvious that he would have had a table if we were more than two!
I will not be back!!

2  Thank jazzgal24
Sal G, Owner at Frank Guido's Little Italy, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I would like to apologize for the treatment you received on the phone. We have never taken reservations based on a number of people nor have we started that now. We will definitely address the situation.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This restaurant was busy,that is a good sign. The bus tour I was on pulled up and this was the place for dinner. We went upstairs and had the choice of fish or chicken , I took chicken. What I got was the finest Chicken Marsala I had ever had. The service was great and parking is plentiful just across the street. So enjoy a great meal you will be glad you did.

Sal G, Owner at Frank Guido's Little Italy, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed the chicken marsala and your visit to Little Italy. Thank you.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Frank Guido's restaurants are all excellent. The food is superb and the waitstaff super friendly. Went with mom for lunch. Location is not the greatest.

Sal G, Owner at Frank Guido's Little Italy, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch at Frank Guido's Little Italy.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I ate here about 3 months ago and I guess if you feel The Olive Garden is Italian you might enjoy it. My wife and I were both raised on home made Italian and spent much of lives in the Hoboken, NYC, Northern NJ enjoying real Italian restaurants. We've both eaten in the original Carmine's in NYC a dozen time and each time was a treat. The food here was ok but not worth the price, and it wasn't that pricey. I ordered a Zuppa di Pesce and asked for lobster to be included. The lobster was either way overcooked or not fresh and the Zuppa was bland. I added some crushed pepper, salt, ground pepper, and a some cheese to help it out. My wife ordered rice balls and they were ok, but not great, they didn't seem homemade and her Chicken Francese was just ok, a little bland. I have to say the server was excellent but we both left saying we should have stayed at home and cooked ourselves or have cheated and gone to Adam's and just heated it up at home. With that said, if you do not know home-style, fresh, true Italian you will most likely enjoy it. However, if you know true home cooked Italian, stay home and cook yourself.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We went with friends before a movie. I got the risotto special (zucchini and sun-dried tomato). Husband fgot the osso bucco. An assortment of breads came to the table, and a lovely olive oil blend was poured on to our plates. that was quite good. When the food finally arrived, the zucchini was sliced "rustically" - and by this I mean it looked like a child had sliced the vegetable. There were a LOT of tomatoes, and they overwhelmed the other flavors in the dish. I did not finish. My husband enjoyed his osso bucco, but it would have been much more attractive in a large shallow bowl. The carrots served with it were cooked to death. And it would have been better with some potatoes or rice or risotto on the plate. The side of pasta that cam with it was mostly untouched. We did not stay for dessert. Service was hit or miss. I had been wanting to try this place, but I don't think I'll go back. And I thought it was pricey for what we got.