“Great food, slow service”
Review of Tu Casa

Tu Casa
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Kew Gardens
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
NYC
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've been here about eight times and the story is always the same. Mostly spectacular food...the half roasted chicken and Peruvian fried rice are among the best, yummy. However they always seem short staffed and you wait excessively long for everything! One trip I had to ask for the check three times and waited about 25-35 minutes total for it to arrive. Today the empanada appetizer took so long it was room temp cold by the time it arrived. I will be back for more punishment however, their food is usually just too good to stay away

• Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“STEER CLEAR OF THIS PLACE FOOD IS MEDIOCRE SERVICE IS TERRIBLE”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The owner was so involved in talking to some people she knew, she didn't even bother greeting us like she did others that I guess were regulars. Our food was barely warm and the server didn't come check on us until dinner was almost over. Usually, when something is wrong the owner/manager will come over in the good restaurants but she was so busy chatting it didn't matter to her. go somewhere else where the manager or owner is not so self absorbed in herself and regulars. It was our first and LAST TIME ever here. Don't bother with this place. Instead go to PIO PIO ON WOODHAVEN BLVD. its smaller but the manger owner cares about ALL CUTOMERS NOT JUST REGULARS. THIS PLACE STINKS JUST LIKE THE WONER!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank richmondhillmom
New York City, New York
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I arrived around 3:30 on a weekday, and ordered a simple garden salad with grilled chicken, this took around 25 minutes to come to the table. The restaurant was not busy at the time and having been to 4 years of culinary school I know that does not take that long to prepare. For $12.00 I would expect a decent sized salad, not a small salad in a soup bowl. The waitress then informs me as she hands me the meal, "oh by the way our credit card processor is down" im like..you tell me that now? luckily I had cash on me. Never once did the waitress even come and ask how everything was. I will never go back there, and would not recommend. Thats 45 minutes I will never get back.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Jetset442
Massachusetts
“This review is from the perspective of a "Delivery" customer.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The portions are generous; the food is delicious, they make a "green sauce" (order extra and just pay for it, it's good) that is addictive...I had a half chicken and a beef dish off the take out menu on two separate occasions and I found the food nothing short of consistently brilliant. Good value. I visit the area and because of this restaurant and a couple of others in the area I wish I lived there!

• Visited April 2013
“Great roasted chicken and sangria!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Get here for lunch to try items at about half price. Great roasted chicken. Get a pitcher of Sangria and sit outside, great people watching and food. Service a bit slow , but nice.