Hudson Valley Resort and Spa
Minnewaska Lodge(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$175
$170
Travelocity
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa(Ellenville)
$154
$64
$85
$80
RodewayInn
All reviewshudson valleybeautiful lobbyminnewaska state parkgreat weekendattendeescatskill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Not sure how this place can call itself a Resort and Spa! The musty smell and mold and mildew were so bad that we only stayed 1 out of the 2 nights for our conference I witnessed a chair break as someone went to sit down for breakfast , the food was horrible! while the room may look clean it definitely needs some updating, wallpaper peeling huge stains on the carpet not to mention the stains on the wall paper. couldn't keep the window open for fresh air there were no screens so you took the chance of insects flying in. the A/C in the room was broke tried adjusting the control and it just kept spinning, wore my flip flops for fear of what was on the carpet! STAY AWAY!!!

8  Thank mamdog1006
Jason K, Manager at Hudson Valley Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We work hard to provide each guest with an exceptional experience, and I sincerely apologize if we failed to live up to our own standards of excellence during your stay. We strive to constantly improve, and your feedback is an important part of this process.

Please understand that the large group conference you attended was sold beyond the capacity of our regular renovated guestrooms, a situation which forced us to locate you and several other guests in the historic section of our property. While these rooms are not a regular part of our inventory, we took care to ensure that they exceeded industry standards during your stay.

While the classic charm of the historic section of our resort may not be to everyone’s liking, I do feel that your description may be somewhat misleading. It is regrettable that that you didn't bring your concerns to the attention of our Management team during your visit; we would have welcomed the opportunity to remedy any deficiencies and to help you make the most of your stay.

Again, I apologize that your experience at our property did not live up to your expectations. I do hope that you will join us again in the future so we can show you just how enjoyable staying at the Hudson Valley Resort & Spa can be.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. This hotel has so much potential and is huge. It is very obvious that the owner puts no effort in updating the facility. The rugs are disgusting and old. The smell through out is horrible. The rugs are old and stained and in certain areas bunched up. There seem to be a big restaurant that was not open at anytime that we were there. There was no coffee available to the guest unless you wanted to pay for it. The area outside of the indoor pool area looked disgusting. You can tell at one time this place was beautiful but now it has chipped paint, holes, old furniture, horrible windows and the list goes on. When I made my way to the spa I was shocked that area was so nice that it didn't even look like it belonged to the building. When I left this facility I felt dirty. I would not recommend this place to anyone. The sad part is the view is so beautiful this time of the year that they could probably get more guest if they made the hotel more welcoming.

1  Thank funnygirl827
Jason K, Manager at Hudson Valley Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

While we’re thrilled that you enjoyed the beautiful view afforded by our property and found our modern spa to your liking, I am extremely concerned by your report regarding the condition of your room.

Please understand that the large group conference you attended was sold beyond the capacity of our regular renovated guestrooms, a situation which forced us to locate you and several other guests in the historic section of our property. While these rooms are not a regular part of our inventory, we went out of our way to ensure that they exceeded industry standards during your stay.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

September 23, 2013. After checking in and going up to our room we became aware that staying on our floor was a large group of golfers who were playing at the hotel golf course the next day. They were drinking and making a lot of noise. I assumed this would go on all night and we would not get any sleep. So I called the front desk about it and they gave us a suite on another floor for the same price. They also gave us a free round of golf. The views from the rooms were amazing. The golf course also had great views and was beautifully maintained. If you like hiking and golfing this is the place to be. It's so close to Minnewaska State Park and the Shawangunk mountains. New Paltz is minutes away and has great restaurants and unique shops. We will be back in the spring.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the golf course side
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff was very courteous, professional and friendly. All requests were honored with a smile. The food was delicious and the grounds were beautiful and well kept. Fitness center was well equipped and those in my group that used the pool and hot tub only said great things. Looking forward to revisiting the hotel.

1  Thank cocosmom2
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Aug. 3 of 2013 my wife and I stayed here while visiting relatives. The room across from us had several loud screaming people who partied till 5:00am. I called front desk 3x during the night, to no avail. I visited the front desk in the AM, and they said someone would call later in the day. Called the next day and returned 1/2 of our room charge. That was not fair; but, the hotel never returned any more calls.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends