Hudson Valley Resort and Spa
Minnewaska Lodge(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$175
$170
Travelocity
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa(Ellenville)
$154
$152
Hampton.com
$110
Econo Lodge(New Paltz)
$68
TripAdvisor
All reviewshudson valleybeautiful lobbyminnewaska state parkgreat weekendattendeescatskill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff was very courteous, professional and friendly. All requests were honored with a smile. The food was delicious and the grounds were beautiful and well kept. Fitness center was well equipped and those in my group that used the pool and hot tub only said great things. Looking forward to revisiting the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cocosmom2
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Aug. 3 of 2013 my wife and I stayed here while visiting relatives. The room across from us had several loud screaming people who partied till 5:00am. I called front desk 3x during the night, to no avail. I visited the front desk in the AM, and they said someone would call later in the day. Called the next day and returned 1/2 of our room charge. That was not fair; but, the hotel never returned any more calls.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I don't have alota time, so I'll just write the highlights.
great service
great staff
comfortable
homie
nice
actually beatiful
12 out of 1 to 10
thank you staff of hudson valley I had the time of my life

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time at this place! Highlights:

* free, good coffee at 4pm -- NICE
* relaxed vibe all the way around; very welcoming
* every single staff person was super nice and helpful
* the breakfast was included and delicious! The fresh fruit was really high quality and the eggs made to order had a lot of choices
* despite the high activity with the all the convention groups, the hotel staff planned the layout of room assignments really well -- our end was very quiet
* this place is an excellent location and close to everything
* the air conditioners were easy to work
* we had fresh chocolate covered strawberries in our room when we arrived! That was so cool and wonderful!

Suggestions:
* oatmeal as a choice at breakfast would be really great
* more help cleaning up the lobby areas in the early a.m.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monique A
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a very nasty and unkempt Hotel. To call it a resort and Spa is a lie! This faciity is outdated and filthy. THe carpeting through out the facility is disgusting. The facility is dank and dark with very little natural sun light inspite of the beautiful grounds. The rooms are infested with Bedbugs and the Linen appears to be dated and poorly maintained. While staying in this terrible location on a group trip many of the person who attened were plaqued with bedbug bites. Many people had to return home to be seen by physicians to address the issues.
The Spa area and the gym that supposedly consists of pingpong tables and indoor pools is so old it appears to be ready to throw in the trash. The pool area is adorned with furnishing that it old mildewed and stained. All of the furiture in the facility is adorned with stains. Sitting on the furniture that is couch like is risk. During my stay every area promoted me to itch and feel uncomfortable.
The areas set up as a restaurant is not well maintained. The chairs are stained in this area as well. During my stay a hair was even found in the food. The wait staff while very nice appeared to be very dirty . They were seen dealing with food without hair nets or gloves. The kitchen area had a roller bed, microwave and stained chair adorned by a old disgusting blanket sitting right outside the kitchen area near the bathrooms.
I would not recommend this location to anyone. The facility is a dump. Dont bring you or your family here unless you want to leave with extra home quests.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lesia S
Jason K, Manager at Hudson Valley Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. We take reports of pest activity at our property very seriously, and we sincerely regret if your stay was anything less than exceptional.

I must assure you that our property is absolutely 100% free of bedbugs. We contract a professional pest management company to provide regular inspection and service of our hotel and guestrooms each week, whether this service is required or not. While this aggressive program is a considerable expense for us, the health and safety of our guests remains our absolute priority.

I have reviewed the incident report you completed while staying at our property which indicates “two insect bites: left forearm and right ankle”. I also noticed that this report was filed at 3 AM on the first night of your stay, immediately following your group’s late night party with open bar which occurred at our outdoor pool.

According to the CDC’s bedbug fact-sheet, bites will not become apparent for at least 24 hours after exposure, and typically appear in clusters of 3 or more. This suggests to me that the discomfort you experienced was likely due to mosquito bites acquired poolside.

I personally inspected the room number listed on the incident report, and found absolutely no evidence of insect activity; in an abundance of caution, however, we have asked our pest control company to treat the room regardless.

I do sincerely apologize if our décor was not to your liking, but I must take exception to your repeated exaggeration of fact. The Hudson Valley Resort & Spa is a historic property, and we take pride in providing our guests with an exceptional experience.

Our maintenance and housekeeping staff work tirelessly to ensure that all articles and areas are clean, orderly, and in good repair. While we have received nothing but thanks and accolades from the other attendees of your group’s event, we do regret that we failed to meet your personal expectations. However, your descriptive portrayal of the condition and cleanliness of the Resort is simply inaccurate and is clearly intended to offend.

We invite our guests to inspect their room and the property at check in, and to speak directly with Management if they have any concerns. This allows us to immediately take corrective measures to address any problems before they occur, and helps to ensure the continued comfort of our guests and their enjoyment of our resort amenities.

We are a service driven resort, and are happy to go out of our way to help each guest make the most of their stay. I do hope that you will choose to return to our property and see for yourself just how enjoyable staying at the Hudson Valley Resort & Spa can be.