This area is gorgeous - its a 15 min drive to the main entrance to the lake minnewaska state park which has beautiful trails. But as you quickly realize once you drve through new paltz is that the area is a bit depressed. alot of shake houses and run down businesses. http://www.lakeminnewaska.org/
When you arrive here the first thing you notice is that it looks like a sin! There is something so wrong about a big block of cement sitting in the middle of beauty. When we arrived (for a weekend with other women) the lobby looks nice but it is FULLY carpeted and sort of smells like dirty old carpet. We went to our room and we were sort of grossed out but oh well its just a room we didnt want to make a big stink. But carpeting was bad and there was a cigarette hole in the wall. The ac was beyond loud! The beds smelled clean but i couldnt help but just think 'BED BUGS' while i was laying in the bed. The bathrooms were very clean and well maintained but nothing sparkly new about them.
We had a meal plan included for our weekend and for the most part the food was good. Nothing great. But nothing really bad. I will say the service was awesome. Every person who works in this hotel was friendly and helpful.
If you werent picky and you got a great deal- like under 90 a night i would say this isnt a terrible place to rest your head while exploring the area. It just isnt a place to go to and think you can just enjoy being in a hotel or "resort" as this place calls itself. There is an indoor pool that kids would enjoy but that is dated too. The spa includes free jaccuzzi and steam room but that wasn't set up like a real spa either. The outdoor pool was closed because we were here in march but i though in the summer it coudl be fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hudson Valley Resort & Spa is a premier resort destination in the Hudson Valley Catskills region. Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Shawangunk Mountains and surrounded by gorgeous Catskill views, we offer a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, full service health spa, and a state of the art conference center.Set on more than 400 wooded acres adjacent to Minnewaska State Park, this recently renovated historic Catskill Resort offers 270 rooms and suites and 41,000 sq. ft. of luxurious conferencing, ballrooms, meeting and banquet space. Our spectacular setting is enhanced by a challenging, 18-hole, par 71 championship golf course which is as demanding as it is beautiful. After the 18th hole, relax with a visit to our European health Spa. Treatments range from Swedish, Hot Stone, and sports massages to European facials and hair and body treatments. Other resort amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, Tennis Courts, Fitness Centers, Basketball Courts, Arcade Center, Children's Playground, Mini-Golf and More!Centrally located in the heart of the Shawangunks, surrounded by the fabled Catskill Mountains, and perfectly situated for enjoying all that the Hudson Valley has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hudson Valley Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hudson Valley Hotel Kerhonkson
- Hudson Valley Resort And Spa Kerhonkson