“The best ranch resort on the east coast”

Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kerhonkson
Reviewed May 28, 2009

my second trip..wow just wow I cannot say enough about the staff at the pinegrove, once again Cindy, Joanna, Rob, Chrissy, Jeremy and the ever beautiful Michelle had made my family , my friends and I more welcomed then ever. I appreciate the wrangler staff for being patient with my old body as I ended up in pain after each ride. Denny was always more than helpful and friendly at each meal. I have only been back home for 4 days and I miss the place tremedously. everything was perfect. Although I was seriously dissappointed at no BBQ this year. The evening shows were great and the adult vs kids activities especially dodgeball was fun. What makes any resort excellent is the staff....... and I cannot praise them enough. The paint ball games were great, the upkeep is getting better and the free coffee at the front desk is almost as good as dunkin donuts coffee.

I had one friend come all the way from australia and she loved it. the whole time they were there they commented on how nice the place and the staff were.

we are already planning our next trip to go back

just loved it

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ZanyZanny
There are newer reviews for Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch

Reviewed May 28, 2009

The service and amenities were great. The room was large and had flat screen TV. We had 6 in the room and could have put in more. The food was delicious, varied, and plentiful. Great cocktail hour each day.(even a special one for the kids) The view was spectacular(mountains). Day Camp was special for the kids. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The riding was good. Marshmellow roast at night was fun. The best was watching all the kids, ages 2-17 have a great time. The worse was the stairs, I need knee replacement. We look forward to going again.

Reviewed May 27, 2009

Pinegrove is the bomb. I went last year with my friend and my 2 yr old daughter. This yearI brought the whole family ansd so didnt my friend. Even if you dont ride horses like my mother you still have plenty to do, especially for the kids. I cant say enough about the staff who go out of their way for you. Everyday the host Denny. He makes it a point to talk to everyone and see how they are enjoying their stay. Thw wranglers on the ranch also do the same. Everyone is soooo sweet.
They wranglers make it comfoprtable for you if it's your first horse ride or 301st ride. They take everyones safety as a priority. They also make sure you have lots of fun on the ride. Rob, Steve, Michelle, Jaye, and her daughter Chrissy make it such a blast. I cant wait to see them all again.
Joanne took my little 3 year old on The horse in the corrall as long as she wanted and also took her to play with the baby bull. She gave the little ones extra attention and made a big deal out of them and was sad to see them leave as they were also sad to leave her and Blaze.
I truly cant say enough about this place. It was a 4 hour ride from Boston and I cant waitto go again. They make it so you cant wait to come back and that you dont wantto leave.
Too boot they have a precious Texas Longhorn Bull who will eat right out of your hand. My 3 year old is in love with him and wont stop talking about Jake. We fed him apples morning noon and night. I would have brought him home if I could. I pray they never get rid of him. he's outstanding.
I highly reccomend Pinegrove. It's the best vacation I've ever had and can't wait to go again.

Reviewed May 26, 2009

We just spent Memorial Day weekend 2009 at the Pinegrove Ranch with our immediate family and had a great experience! There was plenty to do for the kids (5 cousins ranging from 7-11 years of age). Breakfast and Dinner was excellent and served in the main dining room hosted by Cowboy Denny who made you feel at home. There was a basic food court area where you can get basic food items (hot dogs, hambergers, fries, ice cream, slushies, and drinks) all day long which the kids loved! The activiities director had something going all day long for the kids so there was never a moment where you had to find a way to kep the kids occupied. The grounds were neat and clean. Many lifetime memories were made!

2  Thank NJtex2
Reviewed May 26, 2009

The stay at the ranch this weekend was the best stay this summer for me. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The wranglers are in good spirts all day long and help you to be your best. The pool is clean and the life guards are very watchful. I would highly recommend this place for your next family getaway.

Reviewed May 26, 2009

My son (age 8), my husband, and I had a great time. Pinegrove is nicer than it was 3 years ago -- better service, better food, same great games, contests, and facilities, and lots of happy horses. We were active for 3 days straight, and didn't even get to do everything there was to try. Room carpeting and faucets show some age, but overall the place is impeccably maintained, appealing, and comfy. My whole family strongly recommends Pinegrove, and we will definitely return!

Reviewed May 24, 2009

If your planning to go to a ranch, i doub't you will ever find a more active, friendly, all inclusive place to go. Day as well as night there is so much to do for all ages. Horses and rides were great but to use
perhaps an over-used phrase that fits, your treated
like FAMILY.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerhonkson
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa
Cold Spring Lodge
#2 of 2 in Big Indian
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!