My husband and I took my daughter and three grandchildren as a small vacation to the Pinegrove Ranch. The website made it look wonderful. It's discription of the ranch and the activities listed really made it sound like a lot of fun. The highlight of the three days was the Outdoor Pool and the Horseback riding. The facility itself was dirty and very unappealing. The rooms are very outdated and have a musty offensive smell which is partly from the water supply there and the other from the fact that the furniture and carpets are old and need to be replaced. The carpets, even the ones in the main lobby when you walk in are dirty. The indoor pool shouldn't even be utilized. It is in a basement and has very poor lighting. There are windows, but did not provide ample lighting and was very dingy. The Archery range, which was one of the things my grandson and husband were looking forward to using was a joke. It was a little tiny space inside of a building. You could only use the bows provided which were like the ones you find in a toy store. The targets they provided were in very poor shape. There was suppose to be a Lazer Tag room, but the days we were there no one was available. We did look in the room which was again a little area that was not comfortable to be in. The outdoor activities, such as dodge ball did not allow for children to play against other children their age. Adults and children played at the same time and the older children and adults took over and the younger children didn't have a chance at the ball. The rock climbing wall was nothing more than 3 boards about 12-15 feet high in a triangular shape enclosed inside a small fenced in area. The safety belts look very old looking and some of them were broken. There was only one person helping out so only one side of the wall could be utilized. The breakfast menu was better then the dinner menu. There was plenty of food, but not very tasty. The food was pre-made and had very little flavor. The fact that you order came out in minutes tells you that the meals were made ahead of time and then served when you sat down. The lunch menu, which was part of the meal plan included in the price you paid per person each day, was terrible. It consisted of the complementary snack bar and they added thin crusted pizza (frozen and heated) and pre-made sub sandwiches. Good for kids, but not at all healthy. The ranch needs some major repairs and rennovations. I should have known better when they told me I would have to pay in full when I checked in. Once they got your money they were satisfied. They wouldn't care if you left. I would never recommend this place to anyone and if some one asked me about it I would tell them to look somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Dude Ranch. Packages include Room, Meals, Activities & Entertainment. Choice from Restaurants plus a Food Court for lunch and Free Snack Bar from 11am to 11pm. Horseback Riding, Hayrides, Indoor & Outdoor Pools with Doubleflume Waterslides, Kids Playground, Bouncing Pillow, Mini-Golf & More. Family Fun at Afforable Rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel Kerhonkson
- Pinegrove Ranch And Family Resort
- Pinegrove Ranch Resort