“Senior Trip Experience”

Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kerhonkson
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have no words to say...but the only thing i can say is that I'm 100% going back there...the staff there are great and I felt welcome when my school came in...they have the best rooms and the place is amassing...i will be going back there this summer with friends for sure

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Col R

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We all had a great time at the ranch. Taking family again this year for a family vacation. Grandkids had a blast.. They all loved going horseback riding, and the giant bounce pillow. So many fun activities for everyone.
They can not wait to be at Ranch again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Judi123_12
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Terrible this place..not worth the money..rude staff..managment who wouldnt help resolve anything...maggots in the baby pool outside..they have only one life gaurd and they split the time for the indoor pool and outdoor pool!! They open the indoor pool at 7 pm! My ten month old son had to roast outside to swim it lasted 5 mins then my husband had to take him in so i can stay outside with the 9 year old. Everyone has a puss on their faces that work there..the horse riding instructors have no patience with the kids and nasty to adults..they think just because you say honey or sweety at the end of their nasty comment then its ok...rest of the workers look.like they are on work relwase from prison..food is cheap and gross. Very disappointing..we heard alottt of complaints while we were there...

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank michelleaiden
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just stayed at Pinegrove Ranch for Memorial Day Weekend and we had a fantastic time!!! We wanted to get out of the everyday hustle & bustle, get back to simple family fun. We weren't looking for a high end resort, we were looking for FAMILY FUN and that's exactly what we got!! Service was great, our 6 yr old son loved everything, food was good, it was an economical choice, and best of all our family (my husband, son, and I) had an absolutely fantastic time just getting back to spending quality family time together. Chucking work, school, the everyday busy schedule and really enjoying each other's company.
One of our favorite nights was, after watching a magic show, we played a board game in the comfy lodge-type lobby. Definitely simple quality family fun. After how much fun we had, we are buying that particular board game to incorporate into our schedule at home to ensure more quality family time.
Our 6 yr old had a blast, He took a Jr. Wrangler course ($10 extra). It was one on one time with a wrangler, teaching him the basics of riding and guiding the horse. He loved it. Mid way through the course we was riding the horse by himself, without the horse being on a lead. He also was able to enjoy pony rides daily.
They do have a daycare, which we utilized for our son, while my husband and I went horseback riding (children must be 7 yrs old to ride on a trail ride, so our 6yr old couldn't join us). Our son didn't want to leave the daycare. He was having so much fun with all the activities (pony rides, hay rides, pillow bounce) and crafts.
They also have a gym and a spa, although I was having too much fun with my family to utilize those services, however they were moderately priced and all the equipment looked very nice.

If you are looking for a 5 star resort where you have every amenity you could think of, this is not the resort for you, it's more rustic....however, if you are looking to have more than enough included activities to keep you entertained, fantastic horses and wranglers, wonderful staff that couldn't do enough for you, and best of all... plain and simple QUALITY family time all at an affordable price, then you should check out the Pinegrove Ranch.
We would like to commend the staff overall, cooks, wait staff, housekeeping, management, wrangler.... on a couple of occasions (due to guest volume) we would see staff pitching in from other departments to help each other to get a job done and keep guests happy. We know and understand with the eb and flow of guests moving from breakfast to activities, to lunch, back to activities there will be higher volumes at random parts of the morning and day, however some guests don't take that into consideration and seemed a bit upset, but they were quickly accommodated and happy once again because of the quick action the staff and management took to resolve the wait.
Thanks for a great time,
The Savitsky's

4  Thank M3NJ
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I brought my 12-year-old son and 6 of his friends to Pinegrove last weekend for a special celebration. They were busy, and well-fed, the entire weekend. All of the staff was friendly, and the activities were well-run and fun. The kids (and adults) all enjoyed the indoor pool, giant bounce pillow, contests, shows, bonfire, snack bar, and so much more! Thank you to Paul, Jeff, Eve, Mike, Betsy, Don, and ALL OF THE OTHERS who made us feel like "part of the Pinegrove family".

See you again in August!

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Super place we took 11 rooms. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed. Themselves .Great staff .funfor all ages great activities great Entertainment everyone was very hospitable. I recommend this resort To everyone I know. We travelled up from Florida and looking forward to doing it again with more of friends and family Special thanks to Jeremy the Mixologist and the great lounge band

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Markteich
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I just returned from a fantastic weekend at Pinegrove. As always, we had a great time, and I brought several family members with me who had never visited the ranch before. Betsy made sure our check-in was quick, and our rooms were ready when we arrived. After settling into our rooms, we were able to go horseback riding. They offered 3 rides that afternoon, and we were able to ride twice, which was definitely great! After riding, we enjoyed the complimentary cocktail party, dinner, karaoke, and live music in the Silver Dollar Saloon, with Gary Green and Son! It was a terrific night. Saturday morning brought rain, so outdoor activities were a bit limited. However, Eve, the Social Director, had a full schedule planned to keep us amused while indoors. 11:30 a.m. brought us complimentary bloody marys in the saloon, where Jeremy made us feel right at home. We enjoyed another cocktail hour, dinner, and were back into the Silver Dollar for live music from Bob Martinson! At breakfast on Sunday morning, all of the moms received carnations, which was a sweet and special touch. As far as the horseback riding goes, there have been many changes made since my last visit, and all of those changes are thanks to the barn manager, Mike. He has really focused on improving the entire riding experience, clearing out new trails, and even adding a BBQ lunch ride, which we will absolutely do when we return. His assistant, Jessica, was great, and made sure we got to ride the horses we loved on each ride. The wranglers are one of the best parts about visiting Pinegrove. Getting to spend time with CeCe, Lyndsay, Jess, Ashley, Kellie, Mia, Hannah, Julie, Raven, Lou, and Mike (I hope I didn't miss anyone) was great! It is apparent that David, the owner of the ranch, takes pride in the place, and has made many improvements over the past months. He always makes me feel like family when I am there, and I am very grateful for that! Paul, the Manager, is also great, and he tended to all of our needs, albeit very few. I know there are a lot of reviews posted about Pinegrove, both positive and negative. But, the truth is, I have been coming here for over 15 years, and I always have a great time. If you are looking for a real ranch experience, with a homey feel, and rustic accommodations, this place is worth every penny! It's half the the price of the other local ranch, but definitely not half the quality. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, choose the Santa Fe rooms, as they are farthest from the commotion in the lobby...
4  Thank April C
Owner-Pinegrove, Owner at Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Big Thanks for the compliments, I will pass them along to all the employees that work so hard for each guest. Pinegrove started with very little, but we always made guests feeling like they were part of the family. I'm very proud, 41 years later, we are still welcoming old friends and making new ones each day.

Thanks again, see you soon!

David - Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerhonkson
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa
#3 of 3 in Woodstock
Hampton Inn Kingston
Hampton Inn Kingston
#1 of 10 in Kingston

Been to Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!